Thread: Need some design help with a desk

Need some design help with a desk

As usual, I am most of the way through the construction of a desk for my daughter and I am having issues with the design of the drawers. I struggle with design in general and most of my furniture and cabinet work has been in shaker or craftsman styles. I wanted this desk to have a more feminine look and designed the legs and bun feet to match a bed I made for her years ago. I designed the drawers to be inset and I was originally going to use a mitered drawer front router bit to create a 5 piece drawer for the two larger drawers. Now that I look at it, I am thinking that applied beading around a flat front might look better. I can't find any examples of what I am looking for on the internet, but I am sure that someone has created something similar in the past.

What do you all think looks better or should I say more traditional? Any other suggestions will be appreciated. This desk will be painted white when completed.

Thanks, Dan

If I follow what I think you asking about, search for cockbeading a drawer. That's the process of wrapping a flat drawer front with beaded molding.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--