Thread: Em6600 by target

Question Em6600 by target

I purchased a used FujiSuper three stage HVLP unit quite a few years ago and never did use it. My question is I want to try and spray em 6600 by target coatings . My question is the spray tip with the Fuji I have is a 1 mm does anyone know if that is big enough to spray the EM 6600 I called Fuji the gun I have only has two other tips because the gun has been discontinued a 7 mm And a 3 mm are the only two tips available would I be wasting my time trying to spray that I am building something that is going to be painted black or do I have any other options. Do you think that the 1 mm would be big enough to work with that Em6600.or is there another product that I could spray to get the satin black finish I want.thanks jim

Target shows a 1.8 mm N/N set, or larger. The viscosity works out to be about 100 seconds #4 Ford cup for EM6600. I could spray it with a 1.3 or 1.5 mm N/N set with my gun, but it would not spray well with a 1.0 mm one unless I thinned it. That's your only option if you want to spray that product. I think you will need to get the viscosity down to less than 60 seconds for it to spray well. Add a couple of percent water and check the viscosity; adjust as needed, but don't add more than 10%.

Sorry, I don't know of any other pigmented WB products with appreciably lower viscosity.

John

Thanks john Fuji only has the.7 mm and 3 mm the gun is old and no parts availiable.they told me I could buy a new gun and modify the turbine.all I have is the 1 mm I will have to see what products it works with like clear coat.dont know much about it.thanks for your response.

You can spray many clearcoats with a 1.0 mm N/N. General Finishes Clear Poly and TC's EM-6000 both should spray well with little/no thinning.

John

Thanks john I will try it.appreciate your input as I know very little about spraying.the rep at target said exactly what you said 1.8 mm tip for em6600.

Yea, the EM6500 (tinted) is thicker stuff and John's comments are spot-on. I use the same gun as John.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim & john What spray setup do you use.the turbine I have runs but I hate to spend 300.00 plus on a gun and tips and find out it’s not good enough.thanks for info jim.

We have the Qualspray AM-6008 Smartpak HVLP kit from Homestead Finishing: https://homesteadfinishingproducts.c...ray-hvlp-guns/ Looks like it's quite a bit more expensive now than when I bought it; it's nearly $400 now for the kit with the 3M PPS H/O cup. Word must have gotten out on how versatile it is. Still an excellent value, but you could get a 3M Accuspray gun with an H/O cup for less with the same versatility; however, the nozzles are a wear item. Here's what one version of the Accuspray gun looks like: https://www.amazon.com/Accuspray-165...2419511&sr=8-9

You will need an air compressor capable of at least 6 cfm at 40 psi to run the Qualspray gun and twice that for the Accuspray.

John

Thanks john I just learned homestead finishing is 10 minutes from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by jim sauterer View Post
    Thanks john I just learned homestead finishing is 10 minutes from my house.
    Oooh....that bodes well. Jeff is an amazing resource when it comes to finishing including spraying!
    --

Jim @ john homestead finishing has a qualspray qs-1000t and you can order a 1.8 tip for $150.it works with the turbine have you any knowledge of this gun .i will call tomorrow and talk with Jeff.i won’t be using all the time.
    Last edited by jim sauterer; 02-23-2020 at 12:39 PM.

I don't know that gun, Jim, as I don't own a turbine and haven't researched compatible units. You'll do well with your call to Jeff as he will undoubtedly have some good suggestions for you that will better suit your needs but hopefully be in your budget.
    --