Thread: Em6600 by target

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Em6600 by target

I purchased a used FujiSuper three stage HVLP unit quite a few years ago and never did use it. My question is I want to try and spray em 6600 by target coatings . My question is the spray tip with the Fuji I have is a 1 mm does anyone know if that is big enough to spray the EM 6600 I called Fuji the gun I have only has two other tips because the gun has been discontinued a 7 mm And a 3 mm are the only two tips available would I be wasting my time trying to spray that I am building something that is going to be painted black or do I have any other options. Do you think that the 1 mm would be big enough to work with that Em6600.or is there another product that I could spray to get the satin black finish I want.thanks jim

Target shows a 1.8 mm N/N set, or larger. The viscosity works out to be about 100 seconds #4 Ford cup for EM6600. I could spray it with a 1.3 or 1.5 mm N/N set with my gun, but it would not spray well with a 1.0 mm one unless I thinned it. That's your only option if you want to spray that product. I think you will need to get the viscosity down to less than 60 seconds for it to spray well. Add a couple of percent water and check the viscosity; adjust as needed, but don't add more than 10%.

Sorry, I don't know of any other pigmented WB products with appreciably lower viscosity.

John

Thanks john Fuji only has the.7 mm and 3 mm the gun is old and no parts availiable.they told me I could buy a new gun and modify the turbine.all I have is the 1 mm I will have to see what products it works with like clear coat.dont know much about it.thanks for your response.

You can spray many clearcoats with a 1.0 mm N/N. General Finishes Clear Poly and TC's EM-6000 both should spray well with little/no thinning.

John

Thanks john I will try it.appreciate your input as I know very little about spraying.the rep at target said exactly what you said 1.8 mm tip for em6600.

Yea, the EM6500 (tinted) is thicker stuff and John's comments are spot-on. I use the same gun as John.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim & john What spray setup do you use.the turbine I have runs but I hate to spend 300.00 plus on a gun and tips and find out it’s not good enough.thanks for info jim.

We have the Qualspray AM-6008 Smartpak HVLP kit from Homestead Finishing: https://homesteadfinishingproducts.c...ray-hvlp-guns/ Looks like it's quite a bit more expensive now than when I bought it; it's nearly $400 now for the kit with the 3M PPS H/O cup. Word must have gotten out on how versatile it is. Still an excellent value, but you could get a 3M Accuspray gun with an H/O cup for less with the same versatility; however, the nozzles are a wear item. Here's what one version of the Accuspray gun looks like: https://www.amazon.com/Accuspray-165...2419511&sr=8-9

You will need an air compressor capable of at least 6 cfm at 40 psi to run the Qualspray gun and twice that for the Accuspray.

John

Thanks john I just learned homestead finishing is 10 minutes from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by jim sauterer View Post
    Thanks john I just learned homestead finishing is 10 minutes from my house.
    Oooh....that bodes well. Jeff is an amazing resource when it comes to finishing including spraying!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim @ john homestead finishing has a qualspray qs-1000t and you can order a 1.8 tip for $150.it works with the turbine have you any knowledge of this gun .i will call tomorrow and talk with Jeff.i won’t be using all the time.
    Last edited by jim sauterer; 02-23-2020 at 12:39 PM.