Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laguna Tools Customer Support

About 10 years ago I had need of some Laguna bandsaw parts and had a good experience.

About 5 years ago I was considering buying an upgraded used Robland 5 function slider with an 8' sliding table and I had a couple of questions about the extrusion and bearings, so I called Laguna service to ask them about it; they wanted over $100 to consult with me. I told them to tell Torben I would not be calling them again. They quickly changed their mind and answered my questions, but the bad taste is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shattuck View Post
    Uhh... maybe email him about his problem and not add his email address to the marketing list?
    Yep, spam should be opt-in only as should any data collection performed on you (of which, there is a ridiculous amount). Although, like anything else this has been wonderful negative marketing.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hendershott View Post
    They surely did not 'put' him there as nearly all of such contacts are inserted into the database automatically. Could they write some software to prevent this? Of course, but I know of no company that does this.
    C'mon man... somebody at Laguna made the decision to put email addresses submitted on contact forms into their marketing list. It doesn't just happen automatically. Computers aren't born with that ability, it has to be programmed.

The few times I had to contact Laguna (Brian Bennett)... I had great service...... I think some people just look for an excuse to complain about companies.....

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    The few times I had to contact Laguna (Brian Bennett)... I had great service...... I think some people just look for an excuse to complain about companies.....
    I'm the OP on this thread. I can assure you that I don't look for an excuse to complain about customer service. My last post about customer service was to praise Target Coatings for their outstanding response to a problem I had.

My interaction with Laguna was really simple. My bandsaw was broken & I contacted them via their customer service form on their website. I requested that they contact me with information if they stocked, or could order, the part I needed. As requested on their form, I provided my email & phone number.

Instead of replying to my request they added my email address to their marketing database and started sending me promotional emails.

How can my actions be viewed as looking for an excuse to complain?

Phone them when they are open.... works well for me....

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    Pretty simple to submit a request to have them remove you from their marketing email list. As stated at the bottom of their Customer Service Request Form: "By submitting your private information, you are agreeing to receive information relevant to your inquiry. LAGUNA Tools does not sell or distribute this information in any way. You can unsubscribe at any time."
    David
    So if you contact them through their online form you are agreeing to receive marketing material. That's pretty sleazy. Most places at least give you the option with a checkbox to opt out before submitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shattuck View Post
    So if you contact them through their online form you are agreeing to receive marketing material. That's pretty sleazy. Most places at least give you the option with a checkbox to opt out before submitting.
    Have you tried phoning them? We don't live in a perfect world.

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    Pretty simple to submit a request to have them remove you from their marketing email list. As stated at the bottom of their Customer Service Request Form: "By submitting your private information, you are agreeing to receive information relevant to your inquiry. LAGUNA Tools does not sell or distribute this information in any way. You can unsubscribe at any time."
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    Have you tried phoning them? We don't live in a perfect world.
    I'm not the OP. My original post in this thread was pointing out how putting the OP's email on their marketing list was wrong and that I've always had great service from Laguna.