Thread: Cheater (magnifier) for my Incra fence - Ideas?

Cheater (magnifier) for my Incra fence - Ideas?

Anyone with the Incra fence find a solution to magnify the little Plexiglas window over the ruler?

The last couple years have not been kind to my fading, and woefully under appreciated 20/20 vision.....

My safety glasses are all with a 1.50 "bifocal"/cheater lens. i just read my scales like reading anything else. Hope that helps!!
    earl

I keep a magnifying glass handy in my workshop. All labels are now designed by youngsters. (Or younger than me.)

I had better than 20/20 vision till about two years ago. I can't get used to glasses. But I do keep cheater all over the house anymore. I get those multi pack things from Costco. This has been a rough transition.....

I don't use glasses most of the time though, and I hate having to grab them to read this Incra scale. When I do, they are generally covered in dust too, so that just adds to the frustration. I thought I could just get some self stick magnifying sheet or something similar, but I'm not really finding anything. I got this idea when I used my Rigid planer the other day. The height scale has a plastic lens that magnifies the scale. I was hoping I could just find something similar.

I still have 20/20 vision, but I can't change focal lengths as fast as I used to, and need more light. I also have 1.25 magnification built into my safety glasses. Getting used to that sucked, but once you do it's nice. Knife lines are so much easier to see

I don't know your fence, but Google "dome magnifier", or "fresnel credit card". They're both kinds of magnifiers designed to lay flat on something to magnify it. You should be able find something to tape on to your fence.

Thanks. Dome magnifier lead me to "bar magnifiers". I think one of the bar type just might work.