Thread: Trotec Lens Replacement

Trotec Lens Replacement

Hello,
    Is there a goto place (Other than Trotec) to purchase a quality replacement lens for a Trotec Speedy 300 (100 watt)? From what I can tell it's a standard 2" lens. I see some on ebay but not sure if there a quality lens. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Mike

I've bought a crapload of Chinese lenses, they work okay but I've had issues with them making Cermark black, and most aren't very scratch resistant...

Many here will tell you II-VI lenses are very nice, and I've heard some mfr's use them. I bought one for my LS100 off Ebay about a month ago, came from China so I was wondering... But once installed, the Cermark issue I had (wouldn't go black, only medium-dark gray) totally vanished. Nice, black Cermarking now, and all other engraving is still good. What I don't know yet is longevity, but for $38 it's half the cost of a sheet of Romark so I'm not all that worried
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

II-VI are what come with it and what Trotec sells. I bought a couple on eBay and they seem to be legit and are a fraction of the price from Trotec. You might be able to find the holders on eBay as well, again, at a fraction of the price from Trotec. There is definitely a difference between them and the cheapo lenses Kev mentioned from China.
    I have done so much with so little for so long, that I can do almost anything with practically nothing...

Trotec Speedy 400 80 watt 8/2015
    G. Weike LF-30, 30 watt galvo fiber - 1/2016
    G. Weike LF-30, 30 watt galvo fiber - 3/2015
    Fargo HDP5000 Card printer

Thank for the replies. Defiantly would want to go with the higher quality II-VI lens. I think I found a replacement for the 2" lens on ebay (Chinese) - II-VI CO2 ZnSe Focus Lens Dia. - 19.05mm FL50.8mm for CO2 Laser Head - USA CVD ZnSe. Does this one look to be the replacement for the Trotec Speedy 300?

That's got the right specs so it should be the one you want.
    I have done so much with so little for so long, that I can do almost anything with practically nothing...

Trotec Speedy 400 80 watt 8/2015
    G. Weike LF-30, 30 watt galvo fiber - 1/2016
    G. Weike LF-30, 30 watt galvo fiber - 3/2015
    Fargo HDP5000 Card printer

sounds like the exact same lens I got for my LS100--
    iivilns.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    That's got the right specs so it should be the one you want.
    Thank you Gary, got it ordered.