Thread: Soft, flexible Polyurethane hoses?

Soft, flexible Polyurethane hoses?

Is there a light, soft, flexible hose set up for remote spray pots? I see that Homestead Finishing sells polyurethane hoses, but the paint hose has a nylon liner. I assume that this would make it stiff again? Anyone have any ideas out there? I use poly hoses on my air guns doing carpenter work and love the soft, light, flexible feel. I'd like to find a similar set up for my spray booth.
    Alan & Lynette Mikkelsen, Mountain View Farm Gardens & Fine Woodworking, St. Ignatius, MT. Visitors Welcome!

You are correct about your statement on the hoses from Homestead. I bought the polyurethane hoses thinking they would be more flexible and they are real stiff. I am looking for something more flexible to replace.
    Floyd in Missouri

alan, i`ve found over the years that plain ol` binks hoses are the way to go........02 tod

It's interesting that you bring this up. I recently acquired the 2 qt remote pot version of the Wagner HVLP Conversion Gun and am also taken aback at how stiff the hoses are, especially since the poly hoses I use for air are so flexible! Oh, well...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    It's interesting that you bring this up. I recently acquired the 2 qt remote pot version of the Wagner HVLP Conversion Gun and am also taken aback at how stiff the hoses are, especially since the poly hoses I use for air are so flexible! Oh, well...
    Jim, I've got the same set up, but it doesn't look like there's anything better for hoses out there. I've shot 2 qts. of finish so far (Target USL), and just got a gallon of Target pre-cat varnish for a breakfast nook table top and benches that will go on in the next week or so. So far I am very impressed with both the Wagner HVLP and the Target products.
    Alan & Lynette Mikkelsen, Mountain View Farm Gardens & Fine Woodworking, St. Ignatius, MT. Visitors Welcome!

Rob Will Guest
    Perhaps check out you local body shop supply store (?).
    I have seen a lot of "harbor freight" poly hoses that you could stand on end. Brand name hoses are far better.

Rob

Once I start using my remote pot setup, (assuming I ever get shop time again in the next 15 years...) I may see if I can adapt some softer poly hose as a replacement for the stiffer hoses that came with the pot. It's not a priority right now, but it would be nice, especially in the colder months.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

8. try the rubber hoses a little heavier but much more flexible