Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Making an outfeed table for table saw

Hi Chris, are those gold anodized brackets you use to attach the off-feed to the saw an Incra product? They look just like the brackets for the Incra fence.

Thanks!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Hi Chris, are those gold anodized brackets you use to attach the off-feed to the saw an Incra product? They look just like the brackets for the Incra fence.

Thanks!
    Yes that's exactly what they are $16.95 for a pair, part # PTSL-800100.

Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    I made mine on wheels, so I can move it if necessary or rotate it 90 degrees to support a longer piece on the outfeed side. I also wanted storage, so I built it with 3 drawers.

The top is a torsion box and is adjustable in height, so if I move the cabinet and the floor is not level, I can fine adjust the top.

As it spends most of it's time in the position in the first photo, it is clamped to the table saw rail with knobs.

Here's a few pictures.

The feet for the torsion box top sit on the four corner columns.

The torsion box top being built, the four solid blocks are for the height adjustable feet used to find tune the outfeed table height to the saw.
    very nice !!. If I had the room for a table style out-feed I would copy your beautiful design. Unfortunately fo me, space dictates I have to make it folding. Great pics and details too.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Conner View Post
    Nice! They make combination castor/levelers so you get the best of both worlds.
    Hi Travis, I am interested in researching combination castor/levelers as everything in my shop is on wheels and the concrete is not very level. Can you share or PM me with who makes them?

Here's mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    Yes that's exactly what they are $16.95 for a pair, part # PTSL-800100.
    Thanks Chris!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Finally finished my out feed table. Figured it would serve double duty as an assembly table, so I built a semi-torsion box, 2.5" thick. Used 3/4 baltic birch ply for the top, and 1/4 for the bottom. Red oak frame and support with cheap laminate I found at Lowes.

20200327_170407.jpg

20200301_173838.jpg

Tried to make most of thing adjustable, as my floor is uneven.

20200327_170150.jpg

Some all thread, couplers, and boxed legs so I can adjust the levelers from the top. I had some 5/8 poplar collecting dust, so I used that for the legs.

20200321_114542.jpg

20200321_114558.jpg

20200327_170838.jpg

20200327_170901.jpg

I have about 52" of table past the blade.

20200327_170925.jpg

Miter slots cut in the fixed part. The folding part is attached with some pretty stout piano hinge.

20200319_143910.jpg

Having a sturdy OF table sure makes using this saw more enjoyable. Wish I would have done this years ago. Now I get to day dream about having a real shop.....