Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Fiber Engraver cant get to work

John,

When I unplug the USB, both items disappear and then reappear when I plug the dongle back in and the machine is on. I think I've got it recognized.. and using the odd app that Kev mentioned a few posts up, was able to get the laser (or red light) to move on the engraver... nothing engraved, but the computer told the laser to move, and it moved.

Still can't get EZCAD itself to do anything, and still get no dongle, so that'll need to be solved. If I can find who manufactured this thing in 2017, with a board from 2010... maybe I can get a dongle with 2.5.3

Kev, by using the above recommendation, I can get the computer to move the laser using F3 and a few of the other F's... SO THE COMPUTER CAN CONTROL AND MOVE THE LASER!!!!!!!

This is huge progress!

I have a piece of cardboard down, and nothing is being marked, so not sure what's up with that, but I am happy that the red laser dot is moving!

F=462, and it says it's a 300 x 300 machine, and I tried it at 462MM, nothing. I also tried 162MM distance for a 100 x 100, and no mark there either. I guess it's not firing the actual laser, just the red dot?

Still have the no dongle, but this gives me hope.
    F462? holy crap-- To focus that beast your lens is likely going to need to be over 20" from the work! My 220-ish lens, F-330, focuses at 14" my 150 lens, F210, focuses at 9-1/2".. these would be lenses like yours... the M52 smaller diameter 220 lens on my ebay2 machine focuses at 15-5/8"-- !)

I'm guessing your 100 lens should focus around 6 to 7", so the 162mm you tried should be close, BUT, the smaller mm the lens, the less in-focus distance you'll have.

Did you check the power using the 'F1 laser param' ?

Glad the thing's moving at least--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    F462? holy crap-- To focus that beast your lens is likely going to need to be over 20" from the work! My 220-ish lens, F-330, focuses at 14" my 150 lens, F210, focuses at 9-1/2".. these would be lenses like yours... the M52 smaller diameter 220 lens on my ebay2 machine focuses at 15-5/8"-- !)

I'm guessing your 100 lens should focus around 6 to 7", so the 162mm you tried should be close, BUT, the smaller mm the lens, the less in-focus distance you'll have.

Did you check the power using the 'F1 laser param' ?

Glad the thing's moving at least--
    Heres what the lens indicates
    IMG_20200307_155701.jpg

And here is what the tag on engraver says.
    IMG_20200307_155614.jpg

first time I've seen the focus length on an ID tag, but it's helpful! Comes to just shy of 18-1/4" from lens to work... And for that matter I've never seen a fiber come with a 300mm lens from the factory (but then there's a lot of stuff I've never seen! )

I'd keep trying with the 100mm lens-- about that lens, if the barrel says f=100mm, that's actually a 72mm 'working area' lens (I have one), which gives you only a 2.8" work area, and focuses somewhere in the 4"-5" range. If it's a 100mm working area lens, the f-number will be 150-160mm, with a 6-7"-ish focus distance...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Kev,

I have success (kinda).

I was able to track down the maker of the engraver, and they sent me 3 versions of EZCad 2, and 2.7.6 seems to work (I don't get the no dongle message)

The EZCad fires the laser and is making markings on aluminum, albeit extremely light!

Is EZCad supposed to save the configuration settings that I put it in for the Raycus, pointer, etc., using F3 parameters?

Also, I have one lens, the one picture that says 420mm on it. The tag on the actual bed of the laser says 300 x 300.. is that the size I should be setting the workspace to? I think so (but it doesn't save anyway!).

Looks like I'm almost there. Thanks for your help everyone, and especially Kev!

You can set the workspace to any size you want, but 300x300 will be pretty close to the lens's limit.

You may know this, but just in case- the basis for the numbers 420mm and 300mm: f=420mm, that will be the lens's approximate maximum drawing circle, by design. So, if you draw a 300mm square and a 420mm circle, you'll find the square will almost fit perfectly within the square There's a math computation to figure this but I don't know what it is -- but if you know only the f-number of a lens, you can always figure out the approx. work area just drawing a circle and a box!

Having a 300mm lens, you're not going to have a lot of power, you should consider getting a 150mm (about an f-210mm) lens.

When you save anything to the F3 settings, YES EzCad saves all the parameters. But, those parameters won't transfer to other size lenses. I have 3 lenses I use on my Triumph, and I have 3 EzCad programs in 3 different folders, for which lens I'm using. I just added "100", "150" and "220" to the name of the .exe file that starts each EzCad, then created a shortcut for each, so I have 3 EzCad icons cons on my task bar to start the right program for lens I'm using...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

So, if you draw a 300mm square and a 420mm circle, you'll find the square will almost fit perfectly within the square There's a math computation to figure this but I don't know what it is -- but if you know only the f-number of a lens, you can always figure out the approx. work area just drawing a circle and a box!
    I think you mean the square will fit within the circle, aka inscribed. There is a way to calculate it but it takes several formulas to do it. Bottom line is that the diagonal measurement of the square (or any rectangle) is equal to the diameter of the circle.

You can set the workspace to any size you want, but 300x300 will be pretty close to the lens's limit.

You may know this, but just in case- the basis for the numbers 420mm and 300mm: f=420mm, that will be the lens's approximate maximum drawing circle, by design. So, if you draw a 300mm square and a 420mm circle, you'll find the square will almost fit perfectly within the square There's a math computation to figure this but I don't know what it is -- but if you know only the f-number of a lens, you can always figure out the approx. work area just drawing a circle and a box!

Having a 300mm lens, you're not going to have a lot of power, you should consider getting a 150mm (about an f-210mm) lens.

When you save anything to the F3 settings, YES EzCad saves all the parameters. But, those parameters won't transfer to other size lenses. I have 3 lenses I use on my Triumph, and I have 3 EzCad programs in 3 different folders, for which lens I'm using. I just added "100", "150" and "220" to the name of the .exe file that starts each EzCad, then created a shortcut for each, so I have 3 EzCad icons cons on my task bar to start the right program for lens I'm using...
    As always, a big help, Kev.

I was considering getting a 110 lens for maximum power as most of what this machine will touch will be smaller than 3". Are all lenses made of the same quality?

The EZCAD settings do not save- no matter what. If I save it as a workplace or not. Do you happen to know what file out of all the ezcad individual is supposed to save the settings? Maybe i can go in and manually enter them.

Interesting item:
    - All the EZCAD software I had, 2.7.6,2.94, 2.9.9 all still load with "no dongle found, will run in demo mode", but ALL 3 of the same versions sent to me by the manufacturer of the machine work without the "no dongle found" message. There must be a "crack" or "file" that makes it not run in demo mode on the ones they sent.

Blog Entries
    I've bought two lenses from eBay sellers. Cloudray was the seller. He seems to have decent quality lenses, I really can't tell any difference in 'quality' of the three I have.
    They all work. Make sure you measure or find if marked the thread diameter of the lens and your machine. Sounds like you machine is older and the lenses out there may be different sizes.
    Search for Theta lens.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

square in a square, lol... square in a circle, correct
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Does anyone have a copy of a config file they can share? I opened all the files for EZCad, and can't find anything that has my configurations for my Raycus... even if I change it in the software while running, and open the files that are in Parm or Res directory, they don't have any information on the red pointer setup and definitely not for my Raycus.

If I have to setup the laser and pointer each time, this isn't going to be good!

Thanks.

Hmm do you suppose thats why the owner of the machine sold it? Guessing I would say its a counterfeit board and that is why the settings do not hold. Have you considered a genuine new board and with it the real software?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Hmm do you suppose thats why the owner of the machine sold it? Guessing I would say its a counterfeit board and that is why the settings do not hold. Have you considered a genuine new board and with it the real software?
    I sent manufacturer a pic of the board, and they didnt say anything.

If someone knows the file that holds confi settings, that would be grwat. Copy of one would be better.

As to the new program versions not requiring a dongle, I would assume that's nothing more than editing a line of code in the program--

As to your savings not being saved: ALL of your EzCad program and it's files should reside in the same folders,and especially, your PARAM folder, EZCAD.CFG file and EzCad2.exe file MUST reside within the same folder...

If for example you move the EzCad.exe program out of the folder to your desktop, EzCad will look in your desktop files for the PARAM folder and CFG files, if not there, everything reverts to defaults...

Here's my folder/file map...

I have a folder on my C drive name FIBER, click on it and this,
    Attachment 428492
    click on the 'software' folder, click on, and

the Triumph folder-- click on and
    Attachment 428493

the EzCad2.5 folder...
    Attachment 428494

--this is the 'biggie', the most important set of files, the entire program and everything it does is HERE. NO files should be moved from here...
    Note the PARAM folder, EZCAD.CFG file, and right below it is the EzCad2.5.exe PROGRAM file...
    Attachment 428495
    also note below the .exe file I've created a shortcut file. THIS file I've copied to my desktop and taskbar, which is how I start the program.

Below all these files are about 35 dll and other assorted files. Whenever EzCad runs, everything it does originates from this same folder where the program resides.

ok, so now I'll open the PARAM folder:
    Attachment 428496
    in it is simply the MarkParam.lib[rary] file. It's a simple notepad file, and IS editable.
    Screenshot of mine--
    Attachment 428498
    --just the 1st page, it's 134 lines long--

The .CFG file is also an editable notepad file,
    but it's 788 lines long! This is a section that contains recognizable settings:
    Attachment 428499
    ==================================

So, you need to make sure EzCad2.5 folder contains all the files it came with. It doesn't matter WHERE the folder is on the computer, just so long as all the files are in the same place--

If you believe yours are, then recopy the program folder that was sent to you to your desktop, and run the EzCad2.5.exe program directly from there. Click on the "wrench" icon on top, click on 'workspace', and change the bottom left corner numbers, both of them, to -165, and both size numbers to 330... Click on F3 or the F3 button at the bottom, and change whatever the "field size" is to 420. Now draw a box, hatch fill it with some settings different from the defaults that show up, like use blue for color, and mix up the hatch distances, etc. Over on the colors, click the blue box, change the default settings, like change speed to 1250, power percent to 46, and freq to 39. Now SAVE the job (pick or make a new folder for this), then shut down the program.

Now restart, and hit F3-- your field size should still be 420, if yes, so far so good.
    now enter the 'wrench' settings and check to see if your workspace settings are still -165/300... if so, good..
    at this point your color settings should all be back to default. Now open the job you saved-- it should look the same, the hatch settings should be the same, and the color's power settings should be the same-

If YES to all this, everything is saving correctly, and everything else you save should save correctly. Note that the CFG files saves default values for startup, the PARAM files save variable values used in different jobs, and will be used when the same job is recalled...

good luck!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Well, I have success in saving my Raycus settings!

I opened v 2.9.9 which gave me an error previously, CFG file may have been bad, so I stuck with 2.5.3 as it didn't give me the error message. I went back to 2.9.9 and I edited the path to the EZCAD.CFG file (making it shorter) and the error message went away!

I change the settings for the red pointer and the laser specs, and it appears that it saved to the EZCAD.CFG file, as the file updated to today's date. Previously, on 2.5.3, the EZCAD.CFG file did not update the date on it ever, just stuck in 2017.

I closed out EZCAD, opened it back up and the settings are all there under F3, the pointer, and even the workspace!

I have engraved the first-timers "TEXT" into aluminum. Trying to engrave .999 fine silver now..and it's proving to be difficult.

Regardless, thank you everyone for your help. I think the rest is just learning and playing with the machine.