Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Fiber Engraver cant get to work

Just found the picture of my control board on BuyToMe.com, and it reads as follows:
    "IPG-FIBER-QKI no dog digital V1 fiber CO2 ultraviolet laser marking card 32-bit first pulse suppression"

So, to me, it means that I may be on the way, if I can find 32bit windows machine.

It also reads as such, which may mean I need a version of 2.5.3 version of EzCad?

• V1 is dedicated to version 2.5.3 or less

So here's where I announce that I screwed up ... I stand corrected about the drivers concerning the machine itself, after doing some more research online and on my computers, I found that Yes indeed the control board DOES require a driver, and I apologize for the mistake. Part of the reason is that the newer EzCad versions are 'full-auto', first time you plug in the machine the drivers load and you're done forever. The older EzCad versions and/or controllers SHOULD auto-load, but not sure on that. And when searching my devices, I didn't see the machine on the list. Well, it is, on all 3 computers, at the very TOP of the list, duh.
    fbdvr.jpg
    oops....

moving on -- I just tried attaching a zip file of my machine's drivers to try--
    And I notice you added a post while I'm writing this-- 2.5.3 is my Triumph's version, which may help.

Anyway, my files are too large to upload here so I need to put them on my server and link to them, which will take me a few minutes

below is a link to the machine driver folder, click to download it, copy it 'my documents' where you can find it easily-- in a perfect world, turn on the machine and the computer should recognize the machine, look for the driver, find it and load it automatically--
    DriverAllInOne.zip

If that doesn't happen and it lets you browse for a driver, navigate to the 'drivers' folder, and JCZLMC.inf is the driver setup file, and should work. Hopefully...

IF it loads the drivers, and you DO have a 'non-dog' card like the info says, the machine should work with the 2.5.3 version of EzCad.

I'll check back later, jobs to do are calling my name!
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 02-23-2020 at 3:29 PM. Reason: ADDED A DRIVER FILE
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev, thank you... I will give it a try. I just finished installing Windows 32bit over my 64bit, and the laptop is still working, so that's a good start.

I'll download the zip file and see if I can get it to work with Windows 32bit. I have several other drivers I can try as well. Hoping it's a 32 bit thing, as it appears this controller board is an older version.

Curious on these machines, can one simply "update" the controller board (like a motherboard on a computer, I've done before), or is that something that needs to be done at the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    So here's where I announce that I screwed up ... I stand corrected about the drivers concerning the machine itself, after doing some more research online and on my computers, I found that Yes indeed the control board DOES require a driver, and I apologize for the mistake. Part of the reason is that the newer EzCad versions are 'full-auto', first time you plug in the machine the drivers load and you're done forever. The older EzCad versions and/or controllers SHOULD auto-load, but not sure on that. And when searching my devices, I didn't see the machine on the list. Well, it is, on all 3 computers, at the very TOP of the list, duh.
    fbdvr.jpg
    oops....

moving on -- I just tried attaching a zip file of my machine's drivers to try--
    And I notice you added a post while I'm writing this-- 2.5.3 is my Triumph's version, which may help.

Anyway, my files are too large to upload here so I need to put them on my server and link to them, which will take me a few minutes

below is a link to the machine driver folder, click to download it, copy it 'my documents' where you can find it easily-- in a perfect world, turn on the machine and the computer should recognize the machine, look for the driver, find it and load it automatically--
    DriverAllInOne.zip

If that doesn't happen and it lets you browse for a driver, navigate to the 'drivers' folder, and JCZLMC.inf is the driver setup file, and should work. Hopefully...

IF it loads the drivers, and you DO have a 'non-dog' card like the info says, the machine should work with the 2.5.3 version of EzCad.

I'll check back later, jobs to do are calling my name!
    The all in one driver appears to have worked! I now get the board to show in my devices in windows 7 32 bit.

I still can only get ezcad in demo mode, but I have tried 2.7.6, as I dont have 2.5.3. Does anyone know if its available for download to test if my board only works with 2.5.3? I have scoured the internet and can only find 2.7 and above.

Also, does anyone know if 2.5.3 requires a security dongle? I have engravelab 7, and it requires a physical dongle for software to operate. Not sure if 2.5.3 is the same.

Thanks again for the driver. Half way there!
    IMG_20200224_190905~2.jpg

I have 2.5.3, and mine does require a dongle, HOWEVER, quoting you above:

"IPG-FIBER-QKI no dog digital V1 fiber CO2 ultraviolet laser marking card 32-bit first pulse suppression"

That means it MAY work without the dongle, but not really sure. FWIW, I tried Triumph's website, but they only offer 2.14.10 now, which I downloaded and IT won't work in place of my 2.5.3 (I need to contact them about it because the 14 version is FAR better than the 5 version)

I'm going to try zipping the files without the drivers and see if it'll upload here--mmm, nope, file won't upload, probably too big--

PM me your email address and I'll email it to you--
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

I have 2.5.3, and mine does require a dongle, HOWEVER, quoting you above:

That means it MAY work without the dongle, but not really sure. FWIW, I tried Triumph's website, but they only offer 2.14.10 now, which I downloaded and IT won't work in place of my 2.5.3 (I need to contact them about it because the 14 version is FAR better than the 5 version)

I'm going to try zipping the files without the drivers and see if it'll upload here--mmm, nope, file won't upload, probably too big--

PM me your email address and I'll email it to you--
    Kev,

You've been a tremendous help, but unfortunately, I also get the no dongle message in using 2.5.3 (I did have to run it in XP Compatibility mode) So maybe I DO need a dongle for this after all. I'm not sure if buying the dongle version from China will fix my issue or if I'm throwing $$ away. It's hard to figure out who made this machine, as there are not distinct company name on this unit.

The date on the outside indicates 22/11/2017, which confuses me, as I assumed this was a much older machine. Model SH-F30, which doesn't bring up much online.

Hmmm....

You might have a Shenhui unit, they show a model SH-F30, but their website is ridiculous, riddled with lack of info...

I've searched around for new controllers, best deal I can find (with an actual working link and shipping cost less than the part )
    is here>> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...c44156c663b4f2

-I'm considering getting one because I can't get my Triumph to work with the newer EzCads, and I REALLY like the 2.14.10 version over the 2.5.2, many more features... I downloaded a 2.12.1 version from Cloudray, and Windows says my current drivers are fine, won't load the new ones. And the machine 'can't find the dog'... And I can't find a dongle for sale, except from one place that quotes $180 to ship--?? And like you say, who knows if it'll work. The laser card in the link is what's in my 2 ebay machines, no problems with them. If you do choose to go with a new card, it comes in a 'digital' version, those are for MOPA's, get the regular

I'm not sure how you acquired the laser, but is there ANY chance the dongle simply got left behind and could possibly be found and sent to you?
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

No dongle available and the seller implied that it didn't need one, just have to get the configuration settings in EZCad right, and it'll work. Disregarding that the PC wouldn't recognize it as an engraver (solved) and that EZCad only loads in demo, which means it won't run the machine at all (I can't even get the red outline to work).

Also, not sure that just swapping the card to a new card would magically upgrade the unit. I'm sure there is some communication that needs to occur between the card and the rest of the hardware that needs to be synced up.

2017 model (according to plate), with this weird board, that, according to Aliexpress, uses 2.5.3 with no dongle... I do believe 2.5.3 is an ancient version of EZcad. I think 2.7 or 2.9 came out in 2015...

Maybe I will roll the dice on buying a dog with 2.5.3...

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Chavez View Post
    No dongle available and the seller implied that it didn't need one, just have to get the configuration settings in EZCad right, and it'll work. Disregarding that the PC wouldn't recognize it as an engraver (solved) and that EZCad only loads in demo, which means it won't run the machine at all (I can't even get the red outline to work).

Also, not sure that just swapping the card to a new card would magically upgrade the unit. I'm sure there is some communication that needs to occur between the card and the rest of the hardware that needs to be synced up.

2017 model (according to plate), with this weird board, that, according to Aliexpress, uses 2.5.3 with no dongle... I do believe 2.5.3 is an ancient version of EZcad. I think 2.7 or 2.9 came out in 2015...

Maybe I will roll the dice on buying a dog with 2.5.3...
    You should not need one, if the board is the "Real deal" the software will see it. I suggest asking eBay or PayPal to start the refund process, its not going to work unless you have the correct software and board. Stop wasting time and do not put any money into making it work.
    Last edited by Bill George; 02-26-2020 at 1:41 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

!

I figured out a way for you to see if your machine and computer are talking to each other!!

In the EzCad program I sent you:

With machine ON and NO Ezcad running, navigate to:
    Triumphlasermini150 /
    EzCad2.5 /
    then find "CorFileEnu.exe" and run it...

You should get this menu:
    correction program.jpg
    what this is, is a correction program- I have no idea how to use it, but the other day I ran the one in the 2.14.10 program while my Triumph was on, and found out that it will run tests WITHOUT EzCad running, which means the laser WIL RUN AND FIRE!! My Triumph does this with the dongle removed... The F3, F4, F5, F8 and F9 buttons run test passes, followed by another menu of correction options, which I know nothing about ...The other F buttons are for parameter settings. The F1 button, open the box, lower left corner you can enter power and frequency, default is 80% power and 50kz Freg...

TRY IT!! note the tests use the entire engraving area, so cover the area with some metal or plastic (metal is more fun), focus and go... if it works, and it should, also test the ESC key, this should STOP the engraving...

But this WILL VERIFY that your machine WORKS--
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

------ just curious! -------
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Kev,

I've been able to get all the drivers loaded. I no longer get anything that says "device unknown", and this is what windows shows when I plug in the USB with the machine on...
    driversinstalled.jpg

looking good.... but....i still get the dongle not found when launching ezcad 2.5.3.

I did try that config file you mention above, it opens, and I can actually see the actual controller board light up red(near where the USB connects internally), change to flash red for about 2 seconds after I press f4... but the laser does not move... just sits there... no noise... nothing.

I checked all the wires, and everything is connected.... and clearly the computer is seeing the board as it appears/disappears when I unplug the USB (usb key and Laser Mark Control Board V1 (USB))

Maybe the eZCAD is v 2.5.3 and only works with your triumph, which needs a dongle?

I'm reaching out to a board seller on aliexpress to see if he has any ideas. He said try new USB cable, which I've tried.

It's going to be something dumb....

Thanks again for all the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Go Click on the Start menu, Select Windows Systems and then Control Panel.
    Under Hardware and Sound there is view devices and printers, click that.
    It should then show your devices and printers. Go to the top and click the up Arrow on the left (if you hover over it, it will say Up to hardware and sound.)
    Then click on the Device Manager on the top row and far right.

You shouldn't see anything about a laser listed initially. With the laser off, plug in USB cable (if not already done) and then turn on the laser.
    You should then see the laser driver be listed (mine is at the top) If it shows up, then your computer is seeing the laser.

If it doesn't then you have an issue with the driver not being correct most probably.

I'd be returning this dog.......
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

These lasers don't make any noise! If you're redlighting something very tiny, you can hear the faint buzz of the mirrors, the only other noise is when the beam is cutting.
    I just made a video, its uploading, link>>: https://youtu.be/RcEnH8VNr8Q

It shows me shutting down the machine, removing the dongle, start the machine, load EzCad but get 'no dongle' error, so I shut it down-- I go into my fiber files and find and load the correction file, then demo how the laser *should* run the test files, with no EzCad running...

If your laser is NOT running the test files like mine is, then there's something else going on I'm afraid. Could be a bad card, creating a no-run situation, and could also be generating the no-dongle error...
    The link should be active 10 minutes after I post this, right NOW---
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

!

I figured out a way for you to see if your machine and computer are talking to each other!!

In the EzCad program I sent you:

With machine ON and NO Ezcad running, navigate to:
    Triumphlasermini150 /
    EzCad2.5 /
    then find "CorFileEnu.exe" and run it...

You should get this menu:
    correction program.jpg
    what this is, is a correction program- I have no idea how to use it, but the other day I ran the one in the 2.14.10 program while my Triumph was on, and found out that it will run tests WITHOUT EzCad running, which means the laser WIL RUN AND FIRE!! My Triumph does this with the dongle removed... The F3, F4, F5, F8 and F9 buttons run test passes, followed by another menu of correction options, which I know nothing about ...The other F buttons are for parameter settings. The F1 button, open the box, lower left corner you can enter power and frequency, default is 80% power and 50kz Freg...

TRY IT!! note the tests use the entire engraving area, so cover the area with some metal or plastic (metal is more fun), focus and go... if it works, and it should, also test the ESC key, this should STOP the engraving...

But this WILL VERIFY that your machine WORKS--
    Kev, by using the above recommendation, I can get the computer to move the laser using F3 and a few of the other F's... SO THE COMPUTER CAN CONTROL AND MOVE THE LASER!!!!!!!

This is huge progress!

I have a piece of cardboard down, and nothing is being marked, so not sure what's up with that, but I am happy that the red laser dot is moving!

F=462, and it says it's a 300 x 300 machine, and I tried it at 462MM, nothing. I also tried 162MM distance for a 100 x 100, and no mark there either. I guess it's not firing the actual laser, just the red dot?

Still have the no dongle, but this gives me hope.