Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Fiber Engraver cant get to work

Chinese Fiber Engraver cant get to work

Got a used fiber off EBay that my computer won't recognize any drivers and therefore, ezcad won't work.

I have tried windows 7 and 10 64bit and about 4 versions of drivers and 5 versions of ezcad.

Does anyone recognize this board that can provide some guidance?

Do i maybe need 32bit windows?
    Attached Images Attached Images

how old is the machine? I have a 3-1/2 year old fiber runs EzCad 2.5.3, which requires a USB connection AND a USB dongle to verify it's legit, and the 'dog driver' must be loaded manually. Never had any trouble with them...

My 2 newer machines run EzCad 2.14.10, which is simple plug n play. Load the program onto the computer, plug in the USB and go- the dongle is onboard the controller, and the drivers load automatically.

I've had these connected to everything from 32bit XP to 64bit Win 10, EzCad usually isn't that finicky--

Your EzCad should run in Demo mode, do that and press the "HELP" tab and the "about" button, it'll tell you the version number, get that and let us know-

I don't recognize that IPG card, but I'm not all that privy to what should be there-- I know my 2 newer machines have BJJCZ cards, and according to the hardware info on my first machine it has an IPG card...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 02-18-2020 at 12:40 AM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    how old is the machine? I have a 3-1/2 year old fiber runs EzCad 2.5.3, which requires a USB connection AND a USB dongle to verify it's legit, and the 'dog driver' must be loaded manually. Never had any trouble with them...

My 2 newer machines run EzCad 2.14.10, which is simple plug n play. Load the program onto the computer, plug in the USB and go- the dongle is onboard the controller, and the drivers load automatically.

I've had these connected to everything from 32bit XP to 64bit Win 10, EzCad usually isn't that finicky--

Your EzCad should run in Demo mode, do that and press the "HELP" tab and the "about" button, it'll tell you the version number, get that and let us know-

I don't recognize that IPG card, but I'm not all that privy to what should be there-- I know my 2 newer machines have BJJCZ cards, and according to the hardware info on my first machine it has an IPG card...
    Not sure how old the machine is, as I bought it on Ebay. The odd thing is that the drivers themselves (I've tried numerous ones) won't load.

I was hoping someone would recognize the board and get an idea if it's a 32bit requirement, age of board, etc.

The shipping box it came in was damaged badly, so it very well could be that the unit itself is damaged. Just trying to salvage it with a little more effort.. I tried to get it working for weeks.
    Last edited by Danielle Chavez; 02-18-2020 at 12:47 PM.

If you google the markings on the board "ipg fiber qki" you will get the info you need. There were 516 results and I'm sure one of them will tell you everything you need to know, or at least lead you to the company/person who has the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Chavez View Post
    Got a used fiber off EBay that my computer won't recognize any drivers and therefore, ezcad won't work.

I have tried windows 7 and 10 64bit and about 4 versions of drivers and 5 versions of ezcad.

Does anyone recognize this board that can provide some guidance?

Do i maybe need 32bit windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    If you google the markings on the board "ipg fiber qki" you will get the info you need. There were 516 results and I'm sure one of them will tell you everything you need to know, or at least lead you to the company/person who has the info.
    Been there, done that. Contacted 2 companies already, and they are no help.

I know there are some sharp, experienced people here, as i have read many posts. Just hoping someone would recognize and provide insight.

So here's yours, and this plug is really funky-
    otbrd.jpg
    I can't believe 'the factory' did this, since they should have cases of the
    male plugs to wire that up correctly. That said,
    I'm pretty sure these wires are connected to red LED's, because-

this is the board in my Triumph-
    tfbrbrd.jpg
    --which is very similar to yours, both havethe same LARGE square IC chip,
    other board components are similar, but in different places. Plugs are
    pretty much in the same place, and my bottom plug is wired to the 2 red LED's,
    one on the case for focusing, the other is the mirror-steered LED...

This is the BJJCZ board that's in my 2 ebay machines, just a 'basic' board, BJJCZ
    has more complicated ones, but none that I've seen has a large chip like these
    other boards...
    ebfbrbrd.jpg
    But where to go from here--?

-so I just found your board on Ali Express:
    otbrd2.jpg
    This is, I believe, exactly the board you have. As you can see, it's cheap to replace it--
    BUT, I'm not convinced it's the problem. Need to determine what's up with the drivers loading, or not. The machine & computer won't communicate if they're not--
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Thanks for the thoughts.

I think i am going to try and downgrade my computer to 32bit rather than 64bit drivers

One more pic. Going to recheck all the connections, too.

IMG_20191208_173411.jpg
    Last edited by Danielle Chavez; 02-20-2020 at 11:52 PM.

any chance you can take screenshots of the driver files you're trying to load?

The computer I'm using at the moment is running 64bit win7. I have copies of all my older Triumph fiber's 2.5.3 EzCad, and a copy of the flash drive that came with my newer ebay machines, with 2.14.10 EzCad. This computer 'takes' the dog driver for 2.5.3, just fine, and there's no drivers at all for the 2.14.10 version...

Below is the sequence of my 2.5.3 files to load the 'dog' driver, which is the ONLY driver necessary to load to run the machine-
    ffiles1.jpg
    --when clicking the DogInstall_EN file, here's the driver pages:
    ffiles2.jpg
    ffiles3.jpg
    -- once it's loaded and the USB 'dog' is inserted in the computer and the 'puter is connected to the machine, it should work...

Now, version 2-14-10 they made simple as pie, no drivers, just copy the machine files on to the computer and go..

Here's the sequence, it's just open the folder, then click on the program icon...
    ffiles4.jpg
    I'm not connected to the machine, so I get this error message-
    ffiles5.jpg

--click okay, then the program loads:
    ffiles6.jpg

all I have to do is run a USB from this computer to one of my ebay machines and I'm good to go!
    -and I want to point out that I bought my 2nd ebay machine a couple months after the first one, and the second machine they forgot to send the flash drive- but it didn't matter, the same files run both machines..
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Ken, thanks. I'll take some screen shots this weekend. This is the text I get when trying to install, when I directed it directly to folders that contain drivers:"

"Windows was unable to install your unknown device. Windows could not find driver software for your device."

This is what it says when trying to use the drivers (in device manager in Windows):

I've tried X64AMD_LmcV2U driver and others (I'll get the list, maybe there's one I haven't tried yet)..

I have tried the following versions of EZCAD, not that it matters, since I can't get windows to properly install the drivers for the hardware itself:
    zcad 2.7.6
    ezcad 2.9.4
    ezcad 2.12.0
    ezcad 2.14.8

I am really hoping it's a 32 bit thing.

What version of Windows are you using? FYI when I had my fiber it was installed on Win 7 pro 64 bit. Do you have a virus software blocking the install?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    What version of Windows are you using? FYI when I had my fiber it was installed on Win 7 pro 64 bit. Do you have a virus software blocking the install?
    Windows 64. Tried it with no virus protection on.

I'm think part of the problem here is, you're trying to install something that requires no installation... ANY 'compatible' computer will run a demo version of EzCad from any EzCad program file. EzCad doesn't 'install', it just runs. (if the computer is not compatible, an error message will say so)

and this is important- the machine itself WILL NOT do anything except turn on without EzCad running. The machine itself requires no drivers, and does not show up in your 'devices'. When the machine's USB port is active between itself and the computer, it will show in the device manager as an active USB hub, nothing more. Disconnecting the machine in any way will drop that hub from the device manager list.

The only driver necessary at all, is the dog driver, and that's only if you have a USB dongle (looks like a flash drive).
    --if you have a dongle, plug it in, then run the 'dog driver' loader I showed above.
    --if you don't have a dongle, then hopefully your machine's controller doesn't need one...

--You should have gotten software with the machine, a disk or flash drive,
    --if no, then you'll need some because the machine can't work without it--
    --if YES, and you have more than one version (I believe you do), use the newest files/versions. Somewhere within will be a file called EzCad2.exe. Search for it-

If you can't find such a file, then? - wrong software or something, and will need addressed, the machine can't function without it

If you find it, WITH THE MACHINE OFF, double click it and EzCad should start, with a message such as 'cannot finded dog!' or 'unable to locate a valid device', hit 'ok' and the program will start. You can load graphics and work with it exactly as normal. The only difference is, you can't engrave (obviously), you can't save files, some buttons will be non-functional, and you can't make machine-specific adjustments...

So, if EzCad works, shut it down... Make sure the USB cord is connected between machine and computer, then turn on the machine-
    Run EzCad again. If there are no dongle issues, the machine should be good to go, simple as that.

If you still get a dongle error, that will need to be addressed.

To find out if the machine is actually connecting to the computer, with the machine ON, go to the device manager, and expand all the USB hub entries, and count them. Now turn off the machine, and see if the device manager list reloads- if it does, count the entries, if you lost one, then you know the machine connection is good, and the issue will be dongle-to-EzCad compatibility...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Chavez View Post
    Windows 64. Tried it with no virus protection on.
    Window 10?? If so that might be the problem. But Ken is right on.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I'm think part of the problem here is, you're trying to install something that requires no installation... ANY 'compatible' computer will run a demo version of EzCad from any EzCad program file. EzCad doesn't 'install', it just runs. (if the computer is not compatible, an error message will say so)

and this is important- the machine itself WILL NOT do anything except turn on without EzCad running. The machine itself requires no drivers, and does not show up in your 'devices'. When the machine's USB port is active between itself and the computer, it will show in the device manager as an active USB hub, nothing more. Disconnecting the machine in any way will drop that hub from the device manager list.

The only driver necessary at all, is the dog driver, and that's only if you have a USB dongle (looks like a flash drive).
    --if you have a dongle, plug it in, then run the 'dog driver' loader I showed above.
    --if you don't have a dongle, then hopefully your machine's controller doesn't need one...

--You should have gotten software with the machine, a disk or flash drive,
    --if no, then you'll need some because the machine can't work without it--
    --if YES, and you have more than one version (I believe you do), use the newest files/versions. Somewhere within will be a file called EzCad2.exe. Search for it-

If you can't find such a file, then? - wrong software or something, and will need addressed, the machine can't function without it

If you find it, WITH THE MACHINE OFF, double click it and EzCad should start, with a message such as 'cannot finded dog!' or 'unable to locate a valid device', hit 'ok' and the program will start. You can load graphics and work with it exactly as normal. The only difference is, you can't engrave (obviously), you can't save files, some buttons will be non-functional, and you can't make machine-specific adjustments...

So, if EzCad works, shut it down... Make sure the USB cord is connected between machine and computer, then turn on the machine-
    Run EzCad again. If there are no dongle issues, the machine should be good to go, simple as that.

If you still get a dongle error, that will need to be addressed.

To find out if the machine is actually connecting to the computer, with the machine ON, go to the device manager, and expand all the USB hub entries, and count them. Now turn off the machine, and see if the device manager list reloads- if it does, count the entries, if you lost one, then you know the machine connection is good, and the issue will be dongle-to-EzCad compatibility...
    I can get ezcad to fireup, but it always says no dog, and when i send an image to engrave, nothing happens.

In device manager, in windows 7 or 10, I get "device not found" and not an active usb hub, and when I have tried drivers privided by 2 different companies, they wont install.

My understanding is that if a usb device/hardware is not found by windows, it will not operate. A driver is the language between the hardware and software so they can communicate.

Thanks for the extensive response!