Thread: Delta dj-15 37-150 jointer wiring

Delta dj-15 37-150 jointer wiring

Apologies if a similar question to this has already been asked and answered on the forums I have done my best to search through many threads and haven’t found the answer I’m looking for as yet.

I recently acquired a brand new still in sealed factory box Delta DJ 15 6 inch parallelogram Jointer... The motor nameplate is a Delta named motor and it simply states that it is a dual voltage single phase motor no amps etc., it appears that they forgot to wire a cord into the motor and then the motor to the switch from the factory before they boxed it up, so I am trying to track down a wiring schematic or diagram.

I have googled the usually keywords, With no success and I even spent an hour and a half on the phone with Delta machinery in South Carolina and they weren’t any help as they had no schematics no diagrams etc. which makes no sense. I was hoping I would find a schematic either on the switch or one of the inside covers or on the motor itself but no luck.

Hoping somebody out there has a similar model 37 150 Jointer that could possibly send me a wiring schematic diagram, as I want to run this on my 220 circuits in my workshop

Use the opportunity to install a short cord on both the motor and switch box. Use a inline plug and receptacle so any motor work will be much easier in the future. It will also make installing the new wiring much easier.
    is this just a switch or is it a contactor + overloads? For 240 both hots must be switched. Never switch the ground wire. No neutral is needed for 240 volts unless you need 120 for control wiring. then you need a neutral or a small transformer.
    Bil lD

https://electricmotorwarehouse.com/m...tion-diagrams/

Just a standard push button on/off switch..