In Ken Hatch's thread regarding the saddling of his seat, Derek Cohen mentioned his travisher that he built after watching the video by Claire Minihan and his hesitancy on posting a "how to" thread. In another thread Derek also posted a pic of his travishers. I understand why he doesn't want to do a build thread as Claire sells the DVDs.

There is an article on the South Fork Timber blog about the building of a Minihan travisher and the author apparently was provided info from Claire on certain aspects of her design. Perhaps he had the DVD, although that isn't clear. He does provide a lot of information, including several images, but there are a couple of missing elements.

I am in the midst of building a Minihan style travisher, largely from the South Fork info, but using a blade and brass sole plate acquired from Elia Bizzarri. It would be helpful if someone (Derek, perhaps) can provide one piece of information - the gap or mouth, if any, between the edge of the blade and the edge of the adjoining brass sole plate (or hardwood sole if used.) I understand the sole needs to be approx. 1/64" below the blade, but I don't know how much mouth to leave.

And, pics of travishers built by others would be very helpful. Thanks.