Thread: New delta 36-725 blade guard issues

New delta 36-725 blade guard issues

So i recently bought a table saw my first one as my first post here.

But I am having some issues with the blade guard or I think they are issues. So I put the guard on, put a piece of stock next to the blade raise it up to about a teeth above and the run a false pass through the saw and it hits a bolt in the back. And I know there debate whether or not the blade is supposed to be high or low when cutting.

so I raise the blade up and the board passes through just fine itÂ’s not all the way up but about 75% up. So is this normal or did I install something wrong? Just a little confused when people say the blade is supposed to be just above the wood but my blade guard interferes with that.

Any insights would help. Just wanna know if itÂ’s gonna cause an issue or not. Thank you

That's normal for that particular setup. I have the same saw and mine does the same, just as they all will. Most of the time my cuts are too close to the fence so I rarely use the guard. I have fashioned an overhead guard with dust collection that suspends from my ceiling that works well in keeping my hands away from the blade.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    That's normal for that particular setup. I have the same saw and mine does the same, just as they all will. Most of the time my cuts are too close to the fence so I rarely use the guard. I have fashioned an overhead guard with dust collection that suspends from my ceiling that works well in keeping my hands away from the blade.

ok, thanks for the info. I figured it was normal but just wanted to double check!