Thread: Dear Rob Lee - Website Fix Date?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Dear Rob Lee - Website Fix Date?

I am posting this here because I do not know that messages to Customer Service are faithfully delivering the message to the top . Please read this in the positive and "constructive information" form in which it is intended.

Is there a fix date for the new web site? In case the message isn't getting through, it's pretty awful. Navigation is nonsensical with searches for very specific items returning completely scrambled results. It's almost as if the search field is taunting us. It states "Search by product name, keyword or product number...". When I put in a set of keywords like "anti corrosion bags" I have to get to page 3 of the search results, much of which has nothing to do with "bags" before I find them.

If I simplify the search to something like "bags", they still end up on page three. The search engine thinks the following things should be the results for a search on the string "bags":

• Packable Shoulder Bag

- I'll buy that one.

• Dowel Rods
    • Couplers for Decorative Piping Tips
    • Hanger Bolts

- And a two more items that have nothing to do with "bags" other than the fact that they may be packaged in them. You then get:

• Lee Valley Shipping Bags
    • Shipping Bag Pods

- I'll buy those too but, these are followed by several more items that have nothing to do with "bags" for a page or two until you finally find more "bag" related stuff; this is really broken.

- The search results for exact item numbers seems to work most of the time. The "fuzzy" capability to make up for human error (oh's for zeros, format issues like spaces) in item numbers seems to be non-existent.

This is not a rant. This is meant to be constructive. If ANYONE in Lee Valley's I.T. department is reporting the current state of affairs as "acceptable" or "gaining acceptance", they are misinforming you. The buzz online is that it is horribly broken. People are saying that they are shopping elsewhere; it's that bad.

Problems with a new launch happen BUT, there is no discussion / monologue / information stream coming out of Lee Valley to ease our concerns and assure us that the current state is acknowledged as a problem and that steps are being taken to correct it. We need to hear that message. We need to know, that you know, that this is not OK.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 02-16-2020 at 9:34 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler