Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Hall of the Mountain King Restrat

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Thomas:

Quick question - how did you attach/support the horizontal members in your wood rack to the large wood columns? It looks like it's carrying a huge amount of weight, and doing it well.
    I used solid 2x6 on the sides and cut 2x6 pieces between the 2x6 cantilevered beams. It is bolted it all together with 4 carriage bolts per joint to form a mortise and tenon joint. The horizontal beams have 1/2 shoulders to resist the torque. It was cut very precisely and the beams were very level unloaded. I should check again now that it has the lumber loaded. I used the same design in my previous shop. It held the same wood for a very long time.

That workshop is absolutely magnificent looking. You should be very proud and happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Betker View Post
    That workshop is absolutely magnificent looking. You should be very proud and happy with it.
    Thanks Bob. I walk about 6 inches above the ground when I go in.

Yesterday, my two granddaughters built a wooden box with me. Really special. Plus their moms, my daughters, got some rest time. We are all at the lake house which is near the shop and it was raining.