I have had experience with their 8" and 16" jointers and their 'Extreme' 24" planer. I have relatively minor nitpicks with the user interface areas of the machine, I did not dig into the details of it. The fence on the jointer was fine, operated well. The tables are hefty but they are surface ground, on the face of it surface grinding seems fine but compared to the surface that SCM puts on their machines (circular cut) or a planed surface (linear grooves) surface grinding starts to quickly look less than ideal. I have a harder time face jointing on an 8" surface ground jointer than on a 20" jointer with a planed finish.

Their 24" planer was fine when new but after a few years of use it has feed issues that appear to be at least somewhat due to the smooth out feed roller. Other companies put a light texture on the outfield roller that doesn't damage the wood but does allow material to feed well.

I helped diagnose one of their 8" jointers at a local shop, turns out the webbing for the tables was laid out in a way that would actually allow the table to flex under load. I did not believe this until the shop showed me that when one of the craftsmen put larger material on the bed, the table flexed, and it was not material I would expect would flex a cast iron table. That said, probably its fine for the average home hobby shop.

Frankly, I prefer a buy once, cry once approach. I'm inherently thrifty but I like nice things, so I would just sniff out something good and used.