Thread: needing some help idendtifying this saw and finding a manual

needing some help idendtifying this saw and finding a manual

first of all, let me saw that I have only been reading on this forum for a few months but what I have learned here from you all is simply amazing. thank you for sharing your time with one another and helping others out.

a few weeks back I purchased this saw at an auction. I was told it was a panther (can't find anything related to that online anywhere) and figured I could find manuals and parts diagrams online easy enough. when we got the saw home and in the shop we found that there is not one inkling any identification on it. we have been over and under and inside of it all. only the motor has identification. what we thought was going to be fairly easy in this age of technology has not proven to be the case. after posting on some other forums it seems the consensus is that it is a Chinese clone of a scm. there are a lot of similarities in them. what I was told about it (though I am doubting it's accuracy) was told it was a 'panther', 2007 model, 7 hp (I have a message in to abb to see if they can identify the hp and year of manufacture on motor), 3 phase, 8.5 ft slider, it has power up/down and power tilt.

we have it all set up in our small shop and it works amazing but in the set up we have noticed that some pieces are missing. they are not vital to it's operation but would be really nice to get and know where to get them. for instance, the scoreing blade and holder pieces are gone, it just has the shaft.

my questions would be these, can anyone help with identifying it?
    if I go off of looks, and it is a clone, would scm parts fit on it?
    where can I get a manual for scm saws? I have tried their parts online thing but they want a vat number or model identification number which I don't have.

thanks in advance for any input you may be able to provide. living in a small rural town in South Dakota make it not easy to run around to stores and look at things so I am pretty much stuck to the internet...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I vaguely remember that brand from the mid-2000’s. First wave of Chinese Euro slider clones. ABB is a European motor manufacturer, which is interesting. The belts and electrics shouldn’t be a problem to replace (or find a suitable alternative) but you’re probably out of luck if it’s structural part like a flip stop or something like that. Those companies pop up, sell for a year or two, then disappear. Best of luck with it.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

A long shot...

I assume you bought it from the auction in N. Dakota,that is still shown on the internet. If you go back to that site, there is a box to check labeled 'ask the owner a question'.

If it still works, maybe they still have some paperwork, like a manual.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I did but wasn't the original guy who won it but hadn't thought of that yet. great idea, will give it a try. thanks

It looks like a Feeldor or a Money max.
    Aj