Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Unisaw Blade Insert for 5" wide throat

WTB: Unisaw Blade Insert for 5" wide throat

looking for blade throat for new Unisaw with controls on front. Blade Insert for 5" wide throat

By blade insert do you mean throat plate? If so, making you’re own zero clearance ones is a good idea.

If the ones for the new ones are the same as the old ones, I may be able to help you. I bought a bunch of them that had already been used. One had the slot pretty screwed up, and is not any good for anything but using as a pattern to make some by. It's neither homemade, nor Delta, but I forget the brand name. If you'd like to have it, PM me your address, and I'll send it to you. I have plenty of others, if I need a pattern.

If your need is truly 5" wide, please tell us what your saw model number is? It sounds to me like you may be looking for an insert for a 12" blade saw, and these saws were also made by Delta. For these, a Unisaw insert will not fit.

Charley

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lent View Post
    If your need is truly 5" wide, please tell us what your saw model number is? It sounds to me like you may be looking for an insert for a 12" blade saw, and these saws were also made by Delta. For these, a Unisaw insert will not fit.

Charley
    36-L552 5hp 52" Fence, 10" blade. Its the newer model with both cranks on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    By blade insert do you mean throat plate? If so, making you’re own zero clearance ones is a good idea.
    Yes a throat plate. Ive made them before from wood. Is there a dense plastic material to use that I could buy a slab of to make some?

Thanks. The new saws have a 5" wide throat to make it easier to change blades. The old was 3.5" wide. Is there a plastic like or Delrin like material these can be made from?

Matt's right. This is what I've used for making ZCIs. Available from many sources:
    https://www.professionalplastics.com...isionBoardPlus

Macrolyn is another type of plastic that might work. Make sure the thickness is correct.

Honestly, I’d stick with a simple and easily machined and stable, like plywood.

Make 10 at a time using a template on the router table.

thanks itll be easy to make some for the dado blade. Probably start with some ply and see how it goes.

orren countin

Orren,
    ereplacement parts

List your saw number

'should be item number 107

Ed

orren,
    Ereplacement parts has the listing for your needed part item #107

list your saw number,
    go to screen #2

But like others have said, make your own out of baltic birch.
    If your original plate has allen screws for the height setting, just drill a pilot hole and screw-in the set screws
    then add some glue.
    I've got a few, zero clearance, plus one for various dado blades.
    Ed

Orren & viewers
    Sorry for the duplicate post

Ed

OP, will this work? NOS. PM me if you are interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200217_142258.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	426133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200217_142312.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	426134

If you don't have one for a pattern, Amazon has one that is made for your saw and has a metal insert for the riving knife. DLT-1, sold by Peachtree...$49
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.