Thread: turning area cleanup-- vicmarc adapters, roborest, more (Boaton MA area)

turning area cleanup-- vicmarc adapters, roborest, more (Boaton MA area)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1846.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	425949

SOLD pending payment1) Original (pre-vari-grind) style Oneway Wolverine sharpening adapters for bowl. spindle/detail gouges and skew chisel. $20 for all three)

Name:	IMG_1845.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	425950

SOLD pending payment 2) Robo Rest for Wolverine platform. Like new. $75

Name:	IMG_1844.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	425951

SOLD pending payment 3) #3 to $2 MT Adapter. $5

Name:	IMG_1843.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	425952

Still available! 4) Chuck adapters for Vicmarc 120 chuck, 1-1/2" x 8 TPI. $20 each or two for $35.

Plus actual shipping cost from 01778.
    Last edited by roger wiegand; 02-14-2020 at 4:34 PM. Reason: some items sold

Roger, would you please clarify the threads on the adapters --- inside thread, outside threads?

Thanks,
    Don't let it bring you down,
    It's only castles burning,
    Just find someone who's turning,
    And you will come around

Neil Young (with a little bit of emphasis added by me)

Board member, Gulf Coast Woodturners Association

pm sent on the robo rest

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Mooney View Post
    Roger, would you please clarify the threads on the adapters --- inside thread, outside threads?

Thanks,
    The inside thread (the part that attaches to your lathe) is 8 TPI for a 1-1/2" spindle. This size and thread was used by Conover, heavy Delta and Powermatic lathes from the 1970's and earlier, some Olivers, and probably many others. I don't know exactly what the outside thread is (don't have a good way to measure exactly and would rather not guess-- given that it's Australian I'd guess it was metric), it threads into a Vicmarc 120 chuck body. It is Vicmarc part V00564.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    The inside thread (the part that attaches to your lathe) is 8 TPI for a 1-1/2" spindle. This size and thread was used by Conover, heavy Delta and Powermatic lathes from the 1970's and earlier, some Olivers, and probably many others. I don't know exactly what the outside thread is (don't have a good way to measure exactly and would rather not guess-- given that it's Australian I'd guess it was metric), it threads into a Vicmarc 120 chuck body. It is Vicmarc part V00564.
    I found the outside thread info on the Vicmarc website, it is M45-2 (ie 45 mm diameter, 2 mm pitch)