Thread: Gardening Question

Gardening Question

This is more an indoor problem, but an outdoor answer may work or vise versa.The cat chews on the plants. Is there something we can apply to discourage her? I'm thinking hot pepper juice. One time may be enough.

They make pepper juice in spray bottles for plants, supposed to keep bugs off. My problem is clawing the bark off shrubs, they love my lilac bush.
    Bil lD

Blog Entries
    Here is an answer from Wikihow > https://www.wikihow.com/Prevent-Cats-from-Eating-Plants

If you do not want to purchase a commercial product the page suggests mixing 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water and spray it on your plants.

Another method may be to grow a pot of grass just for the cat and encourage it to only chew on the grass.

You may also want to Google > why cats eat plants < and > stop cats chewing house plants <

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Order Bitrex (world's most bitter substance) from eBay. It won't hurt the cat,and it's also used to keep deer from eating
    your garden.