Thread: Gun stock Checkering Laser patterns/other laser vector Art

Gun stock Checkering Laser patterns/other laser vector Art

Goodafternoon all,

I am looking for a good source of Laser Engraving patterns for both Gun stock scenes, checkering and other Vector Art available out there.
    I have done several web searches but have not come up with any real solid leads. Epilog only has one very plain pattern that I've found.
    I have a book too but really would prefer to down load and not have to scan and tweak every drawing.
    any help would be great.

Kind regards,

Tim J. Ziegler
    Ziegler WoodWork & Specialty

Tim

Welcome to SMC. Here is a link to an old thread on this topic. https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ser-Checkering

CorelDraw is your friend.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Tim

Welcome to SMC. Here is a link to an old thread on this topic. https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ser-Checkering

CorelDraw is your friend.

Thanks Mike,

It kicked me out when I tried to go those threads?

Tim

Tim,

The thread is fine, however you cannot see pictures here until you become a Contributor.

Blog Entries
    There is a guy that is creating artwork for sale that I have purchased from, https://www.fragoutdesign.com/ is his website.
    He's got a bunch of various items.....
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Thanks Keith, I contributed last night. So I should be good to go?
    Where do I see that I've been accepted as a contributor Keith?

So I am working on trying to get the checkering or texturing in Bitmaps however I can not get the feature to ungray? I have a box selected just for a test and was going to texture it and it will not let me? I have Corel Draw 2018 version?
    should I add that to my original post?

Ok so I found I have to convert to a Bitmap then the texture along with several other features are active. Guess I just need to keep digging.

hell, make your own in Corel-- quickie lesson to make a basic knurled pattern--

I drew a long vertical line, then made 20 copies 1/8" apart--
    kn1.jpg
    I want a 35° crosshatch, so I group them, copy them, then rotate the copy 70°, then group it all and rotate it back 35°--
    kn2.jpgkn3.jpg

Now I draw an oval shape within the grid (it can be ANY shape) and then using 'power clip' I removed everything around the oval,
    then enlarged the oval (it's over 8" tall now)
    kn4.jpg
    I'm not all that familiar with power clipping, and found that the grid within the oval was somehow 'locked',
    and wouldn't ungroup from the oval, nor could I thicken the outline of the grid. So what I did was export the
    set as a DXF, then just imported it back, and that took care of it, and I was able to add thickness to the outlines
    to suit me-
    kn5.jpg

from here I boxed it all and COMBINED it, then clicked on 'convert outline to object', which created an
    engraveable closed object from my single outlines, so I went from single lines to a closed object:
    kn6.jpg

NOTE that you don't HAVE to convert to object if using a C02 laser, you can just thicken up single lines with the outline tool and a C02 laser will raster them the same way-
    but for a fiber, you need to change it to a closed object.
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 02-15-2020 at 2:23 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks Kevin, Great information. We are extremely new to Corel Draw and need all the guidance we can get.
    I'm a woodworker by trade so learning how to draw is going to be a challenge.