Thread: Craigs list will not let me flag or ignore posts.

Craigs list will not let me flag or ignore posts.

I have been looking at trailers on Craig's list and flagging the scam ones. I have also been clicking ignore on those I do not want. For the last few days these no longer have any effect. I click flag or ignore and it seems to take. But go back to the list and I still see them, I can even flag or ignore them again.
    Did they ban me for flagging too much? I was probably flagging 10-20 per day within 200 miles of me.
    Bil lD

flaging means they are spam or scam posts... you have that many on just the trailer section? if you start flagging everything, i would imagine you would get banned. I flag quite a few, but have not had any trouble, and have not run across that many scam posts in one day before.

Blog Entries
    How do you determine a posting is a scam?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

the trailer scams are pretty obvious. Cost is 700 or 800 or 1020. trailer in photo looks brand new, no license plate, has email address embedded into photo. Google the email along with "scam" and get many hits. Exact same add posted over 400 miles apart in all different location. There may be others but, I know those are scams. Many list the trailer manufacturing date in the title as well. But some legit adds do to.
    I had never heard of a dump trailer with interior lights or a rebuilt engine, have you? I liked the trailer scam with a super punchy trailer for sale. All the corn pro trailers I have seen were scams look at your local clist to see what I mean.
    I understand they do have problems with folks seeing a good deal, write down the info, then flag it so other can not see it and contact the seller.
    The compact tractor scams are 0, 3999, or 4,000 for a tractor worth 10-15,000. look almost brand new, a few weeks ago there was a set of washed out pink photos floating around from multiple scammers.
    Bil lD.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 02-10-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the response Bill. My use of Craigslist is mostly looking for free stuff. Not much else there is of interest to me.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I understand many of these scams are not trying to get your money, man y are money scams. But many of these just want to get your email and phone number so they can sell that information to other. When I sell something I never want to get paid in i-tunes gift cards or any gift cards at all. I prefer cash on the barrel head.
    Bil lD

From what I understand, CL requires several people to flag the posting so there is not just one disgruntled person flagging and shutting down legit posts.

I don't use FB but my LOML does. I was summoned to look at some Kubota implements listed on FB Marketplace. While on LOML's computer and scrolling down the Marketplace list, I found several clearly fake ads for $10k+ Kubota tractors for sale for $2k. If you looked close enough, they were all the same tractor but taken from different angles. If you actually looked at the landscaping in the background and you could see the same trees from different angles as well as other obvious clues. They all had different fake FB accounts tied to them. I was almost tempted to create a fake FB account just so I could mess with them. :-)
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Here it's a Miller 302 Trailblazer diesel welder, which sells new for around 7 K. Adds show an almost new 302 for less than 1 K. Same add, and picture appear in multiple Craigs Lists, each listing 302 as being in that location.