Thread: EZCad loosing details while hatching

EZCad loosing details while hatching

Hey y'all!

I am working with laser and EZCad on daily basis, getting deeper into it every day. Now I found pretty big problem with it, not knowing what actually is happening...

I have pretty big and complex vector imported, but when I try to hatch, it's like the vector looses some points or nodes, it's not round everywhere as it was not hatched. Pictures of small part of the vector below...

before
    before.PNG

after
    after.PNG

I mean what the heck? Is it my PC? I don't have some kind of super high-end light-speed computer, that's for sure but I thought it can handle something...

Any kind of help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

VM
    Aliexpress 30W Fiber Laser - seems to work fine I have so many ideas, but so little time to play

Wow! Not only hatching does this! Started working on something else and same poop happened! Not happy at all! Using plastic trimming now...

before
    before2.PNG

after
    after2.PNG

Hopefully some of you guys know what does this, 'coz I don't know at all

Thanks for any kind of help!

VM
    Aliexpress 30W Fiber Laser - seems to work fine I have so many ideas, but so little time to play

I actually have that kind of stuff happen in Corel and Gravostyle, sometimes with DXF transfers, a lot of times with PLT transfers. Usually it's circles will have a flat spot. Don't know why?

But yours is happening within EzCad between the transition between outlines and hatch filling, and in your second example, the transition between 'as is' and adding an edge to trim to. What I find interesting is the new trimmed outline is okay.

Are you creating graphics in EzCad or importing them? If importing, what file types? Maybe try EPS files instead of DXF files (for example)...

I can't find anything within the EzCad program that resembles 'reduce nodes'... so if importing different types of files doesn't work, basic troubleshooting says it could be either your computer, or EzCad, isn't cooperating with the plotting calculations.
    So the next steps:
    first, try a different USB cable, as it could be the culprit-
    if that doesn't work, create a new folder on your computer, call it what you want, then copy your EzCad program from the stick to the new folder, then try again.
    if still no go, install EzCad on a whole different computer and see what happens.

If none of this helps-- ?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Is the drawing done with splines?
    You did what !

I would look at the source file first, in what program was the art originally drawn? Dave's comment on splines may hold water; EZCAD may be reading the control points or a subset causing the hatching error. Have you tried selecting one entity at a time for hatching?
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Seen it many times, "Splines" are mathematical generations of a data subset rather than absolute positions joined by lines/curves. On some laser systems they can chuck up all manner of errors
    You did what !

Oh damn!

I just love this comunity, how everybody helps each other, you guys left me speechless, thank you all for your input!

Answering to Dave:
    Not sure what "spline" means as english is not my first language, but I believe it is in splines. Is that the two dashed lines coming from one point defining the angle and amount of curving? Like you said, instead of many points joined it is like mathematical operation, right? If so, yes, it is in splines.

Answering to Chris:
    I use Adobe Illustrator for almost every exporting using .ai files 2008 version, seemed to be ok till now. The second job was designed in Autocad first, but then redesigned in Illustrator. That Autodesk > Illustrator transfer should not be an issue IMHO. I tried selecting one entity, didnt work out

Answering to Kev:
    No, I mostly dont design in EZCad, I do as little as I can in EZCad, mostly Im preparing all the vector graphics and designs in Adobe Illustrator, exporting as .ai version 8, used to work for me 100%, till now. When Im done designing in AI, I use OBJECT>EXPAND and then PATHFINDER>MERGE, check for invisible object, delete them and then export as said. Import in EZCad works fine, no rubbish, no unexpected lines, just same as in the AI. Problem occurs when I try to hatch or use plastic features. One thing I noticed today - it makes the problem only with big complex objects. I.e. I use pattern making in AI, I design pattern, then make a rectangle with no stroke and with the pattern filling it, then the expand and merge function. Seemed to be working, but not when I make the rectangle too big. When I tried significantly smaller rectangle, but with the same pattern, problem did not happen. That may be pointing at PC being too slow not solvable for me at this moment

USB cable is not an issue, I tried disconnecting the laser completely, being in demo state, same poop happened.

About .EPS file - you can import EPS into EZCad? I can not :-O There is no option in importing window to import EPS... I tried versions 2.7.6. and 2.14.10. Only .ai, .plt, .dxf, .dst, svg, .nc, .g, .gbr files could be imported in my experience

BUT HUGE SUCCES WITH DXF!!! Actually I feel so dumb right now I didnt try that... That .ai file format I was using (will not be anymore apperantely ) was working for me just fine, but DXF does not have this problem, it is hatchable, trimmable, intersectable... no bullcrap anymore, even with vectors huge enough to freeze the PC. Kev, you did it! You helped me again

Guys, thank you all very much! I really value this comunity and people like you, helping just like that. No hatespeech, no bullcrap about "find it for yourself"... Big thanks!!

VM

Glad it worked out for you. I too have large success with DXF imports. Not 100% but the best of what I've found so far.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

DXF on export converts splines to polylines (save in AutoCAD 2000 DXF format everytime to remove the problem)

Splines used to be the bane of my lasering life
    You did what !