Thread: Felder KF700 dimensions for blade change

Felder KF700 dimensions for blade change

I'm probably buying a KF700 professional with a 2050mm slider (not the S model). My shop is quite small so I have to take every inch into consideration.

At last I have managed to find a good spot for the saw (I've built a scale model which I can move around in the shop to try positions). The only good spot I have found is space limited backwards, i.e. the 2050 slider cannot move all the way back. If I move the saw forward 10 inches I can slide all the way back, but then I'll have some side space issues so I won't be able to cross cut a full sheet in this position.

Q1: I know that the slider should be slid back for blade change. Does anyone know if blade change is possible when the slider is all the way forward instead?

Q2: If forward position blade change is not possible I need to juggle with inches. Does anyone know the minimum distance the slider (including handle) will protrude backwards in order to change blade? I won't have a scoring blade, so I'm hoping that I don't have to slide all the way back.

Thanks!
    //Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images

If it’s like my kf500 pro it will be hard to access without moving the slide back all the way. Maybe keep it mobile so you can move for blade change and back afterwards.

Thanks Greg.
    I will have it on the mobility kit. It will only need rolling forward 10 inches, so this will be the backup plan if there are no other ways to change blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sageryd View Post
    Thanks Greg.
    I will have it on the mobility kit. It will only need rolling forward 10 inches, so this will be the backup plan if there are no other ways to change blade.
    I leave the miter and outrigger off of mine and install during use, so just opposite of your approach. Here are some pictures to give idea of blade access though.

5C319206-0A59-424B-83D6-C51F73C419B3.jpg

5CC9C17E-298B-4CDB-83DD-23F39378BD2B.jpg

869A4024-CBE4-4AE4-AB63-902A37908285.jpg

4FDB3E9E-672C-4374-B5A2-28348632EA90.jpg

Thanks.
    I love photos of other peoples shops. Always inspiring.

Are you able to get the fence 100% accurate without calibrating each time you reattach the outrigger? The thing I'm looking forward to the most when I get a slider is to be able to make accurate cuts without a lot of initial setup. I'm currently using a Festool track saw, which can be very accurate, but only after quite some setup work.

Yes because the saw and outrigger have hard set points for attachment. Once you set them up and calibrate it is fairly easy to remove and replace since the attachment points for the fence are fixed.

CF2C64C9-CBC8-48FB-A025-AA3FBE1B33A1.jpg

1EB2CA88-6DF8-406C-919B-DEA18727F453.jpg

and thanks. My shop is a mess but I have managed to fit a lot of tools into my 20x22 space that shares space with our golf cart. I remove golf cart to mount up the miter and outrigger.
    Last edited by Greg Parrish; 02-09-2020 at 8:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    I do not believe you will be able to change the blade if the slider is restricted by 10".

Mike

I don't have that machine, but my slider requires that full retraction so that the safety/dust shroud panel in front of the blade can be released for access to the arbor nut. I would imagine that other brands like Felder would be similar because they are built to the same safety standards.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thank you all.
    I have now done some more changes in the shop so I can have the slider permanently in a spot where it's fully expandable. I'm selling my Kapex and will get rid of the miter station which sits along one wall. This clears up quite some space.

I'm really looking forward to having a slider in the shop. I have been loosely planning/longing for a slider for the past 10 years. At last it's happening.

I have a Felder k700s and the carriage has to slide all the way to the rear to change the blades.

Michael, I recently did away with the enormous miter station in my shop, too...I still have the saw on a portable stand upstairs where I store my lumber...but don't generally miss it in the shop at all. I prefer using the slider for most crosscutting anyway. 'Glad you were able to rearrange things!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...