Thread: Help With Plans

Help With Plans

I'd like to take a swing at making some end tables for my wife. Does anyone know where I can get some plans or a book about making tables?

I have zero experience making tables so I'd be looking for something with simple joinery, no dovetails or mortise and tenon.

Tapered legs would be okay and a drawer would be nice, I'm pretty sure I could handle making them. I think making a tapering jig would be a good learning experience.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Blog Entries
    A quick google search for "end table plans" took me to this site where there are a variety of styles off small tables with simple joinery.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I built several tables from the book Tables by Anthony Guidice. You can get it used for about $6 from Abe Books or I can loan you mine. PM me if you want me mail it to you. It is an excellent resource.

Good time to use a hand plane. It can taper legs as fast as making a jig and more reliably and it's more pleasant work.

Drawers are a bigger challenge. Might want to skip that on your first table

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Good time to use a hand plane. It can taper legs as fast as making a jig and more reliably and it's more pleasant work.

Drawers are a bigger challenge. Might want to skip that on your first table
    I agree Tom! Tapering legs is easy and fun with a hand plane.