Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Did you get a flu shot?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by James Pickering View Post
    I get the ‘Flu shot every year, and have for many years. Plus, the Shingle’s shot series.

During my lifetime I have:

... as a young boy - carried mercury in a vial n my pocket so I could impress girls by rolling it around on the palm of my hand

... as a boy - smoked cigarettes (but not for the past 75 years)

... as a boy - cast lead soldiers in home-made plaster of Paris molds (without wearing a mask)

... as a boy - cut up sheets of asbestos to lay newly cast lead soldiers on (without masks)

... as a boy - painted lead soldiers using lead based paints

... lifelong - chewed on thousands of lead painted wooden pencils

... lifelong - wiped down thousands of wood objects using turpentine (no gloves or masks)

... lifelong woodworking - breathed in untold quantities of saw dust (no mask)

I am ninety years old (soon to be 91). You have to be lucky (and not very smart?!)
    Wow you were a bad boy, glad you survived it. Just noted your number of posts (90) matches your age, quick make at least 10 more posts.

Quote Originally Posted by James Pickering View Post
    ... as a boy - cut up sheets of asbestos to lay newly cast lead soldiers on (without masks)
    I think you have been lucky on this one. A co-worker of mine died in his 40s from asbestos exposure. He never handled asbestos in his life, but lived near an asbestos mine as a youth.

I got one. I have never had the flu in my life, I get a cold about once in 5 years. Buuut, as easy as it is to get, at no cost, there's no point in tempting fate.