Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you get a flu shot?

Blog Entries

Did you get a flu shot?

So did I. A couple of months ago.
    I am just recovering from the flu that totally disabled me for the last week, after another week of just not feeling up to snuff.

Get it every year now. Cardiologist insists since the Yak Atack!

absolutely My PCP insists I get one.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I get them every year.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Yes, every year since becoming type 1 diabetic as a result of a very severe case of pancreatitis in 2008.

Every year. Unfortunately it's a crap shoot when they formulate the vaccine each year as to which strains to include. This year they missed the most prevalent strain so the vaccine wasn't as effective as one would like.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Every year. Unfortunately it's a crap shoot when they formulate the vaccine each year as to which strains to include. This year they missed the most prevalent strain so the vaccine wasn't as effective as one would like.
    I mentioned that to my pharmacist and his response was " Perhaps you've picked up another virus".
    I came very close to death when I was in my 20s. Temp was 105.5. Flu. I know what it feels like.
    Last edited by Bill Jobe; 02-06-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Paul, if they picked the wrong flu this season, why the seemingly lack of action to make another batch using what they know now?
    If I got it and became seriously ill, could not an epidemic be right around the corner?
    There are millions of elderly with far more medical issues than myself.
    If what I had was the other candidate for an immunization, we may see record deaths before flu season is over.
    Last edited by Bill Jobe; 02-06-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Developing a vaccine for flu takes months. It's starts by looking at the flu infecting in the southern hemisphere countries, developing a vaccine for that flu and then mass producing it in a large enough quantities to vaccinate the public. Meanwhile that same flue continues to morph and change slightly while that vaccine is being developed for it's earlier version. Thus taking the flu shot doesn't necessarily protect you completely but it's generally accepted the flu shot might not completely protect you but will most often reduce the effects of the version you happen to contract.

My wife and I take the flu shots annually.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Never.
    I take a regimen of caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.

So far, so good.

Yep!!!

I work for a hospital. It's required that we get a flu shot. If you chose not to get the flu shot you lose your wellness discount on health insurance, which doubles it, and you have to wear a mask from Jan to May whenever you're in patient care areas.
    I love my job
    I love my job
    I love my job
    and breath
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Johnson View Post
    Never.
    I take a regimen of caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.

So far, so good.
    I kept a similar regiment prior to this.
    That nearly killed me.
    I am 6'. When I was admitted to a hospital I weighed 128 pounds.

When exactly is "flu season"? I find it interesting that the website of the CDC has all sorts of information about "flu season" except for its dates! One page says the dates of flu season vary from year to year. There is another page shows the incidence of flu by month. My guess is that one should get a flu shot in September.

Blog Entries
    I think (at least in part) the flu season coincides with cold weather when people prefer to remain indoors making transmission of the flu more likely.

Yes, I get the flu shot every year, where I live it’s a no cost procedure which may help with popularity.

My doctor remarked that this year it was very effective....Rod