Thread: Any Korean War/Korea Service Veterans here?

Any Korean War/Korea Service Veterans here?

I am the (volunteer) Webmaster for our Chapter web site. It will be going offline on 11 March this year as we switch to Facebook for General and Chapter information and photo postings. In the meantime, anyone interested is welcome to Browse information and maybe checkout some interesting photos before I take the site down.

james
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-08-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    “There are three sure signs of growing old. The first is loss of memory ……… I have forgotten the other two”.

-anon

Just wanted to salute all the veterans of the Korean War. It really is the "forgotten war" being between WWII and Vietnam. Most of the veterans of the Korean War are pretty old now and deserve a big "Thank You" for their service and the efforts they made in Korea.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Just wanted to salute all the veterans of the Korean War. It really is the "forgotten war" being between WWII and Vietnam. Most of the veterans of the Korean War are pretty old now and deserve a big "Thank You" for their service and the efforts they made in Korea.

Mike
    Thank you Mike. We are now down to twenty or so Korean War Veterans. The oldest is 99 and is a WWII/Korean War Vet. - the Youngest is (I believe) 86. We are dwindling down to a precious few - but we are a feisty bunch!

James
    “There are three sure signs of growing old. The first is loss of memory ……… I have forgotten the other two”.

-anon

I second Mike's praise. Thank you all!

I knew a Marine who fought at Chosin Reservoir and another man who was Army and fought elsewhere. The stories are utterly chilling. My Army friend described to me the "wave attacks" made by the chinese infantry. Geez, what a nightmare. He still has a bayonet scar.

Thank you and all our Veterans, James.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”