Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Walnut Credenza

Very nice! Love the color variations in the walnut, the interesting way you built the drawers, and the way cool hardware. Congratulations on a job well done.

It looks like you have a frame press from Quality Vakuum with the newer clamps. I have one arriving next week and questioned them about the new larger and fewer clamps system. I was told that they work better then the old system but seeing that you are using additional F-clamps leads me to question if that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Mathewson View Post
    It looks like you have a frame press from Quality Vakuum with the newer clamps. I have one arriving next week and questioned them about the new larger and fewer clamps system. I was told that they work better then the old system but seeing that you are using additional F-clamps leads me to question if that is true.
    Our press issues are due to poor sealing. The surface is lightly textured melamine, which doesn't seal well with the gasket material. When we get some down time we're going to replace the surface with a glossy material.

Thanks That is good to know. The old system works really well so it’s getting a little concerned

Well done! I really like the mixture of the metal and wood, and the pulls are ingenious! Love the included walnut! What a great touch.

That's a beautiful piece Johnny!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Lovely fit and finish, especially like the dovetail proportions and your top corners.
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Very nice piece but to be honest I'm not crazy about the metal tube base, but thats me.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander