Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC router spindle recommendations

Yes, I believe Mach 3 operates ATCs also.

Mach3, Mach4, and Centroid cnc12 are all compatible with full ATC operation.
    David

So is WinCNC....
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I cant say for sure but I dont think WinCNC in all incantations is compatible with outboard tool offsets and I know for sure in my world with a 10 position ATC I have looked into work-arounds for dedicated tool offsets for out-bound tools and being able to set them as a manual tool change (would be super handy) with no luck.

Mark...
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. My experience is the opposite of yours. Can you explain what you are trying to do in more detail?
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Campbell View Post
    Mark...
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. My experience is the opposite of yours. Can you explain what you are trying to do in more detail?
    Gary,
    I have asked several times if it is possible with my 10 position ATC to have additional tools sitting in an outboard rack with stored tool offsets (say a large spoil board cutter or rarely used tools) and have been told its not possible or not easily possible.

My thought was to have the tools labeled 11, 12, 13, 14,.... 50, etc.. and have them sitting in the large rack Ive built on the wall and be able to call them up in a program I guess setup with the tool number as 0 where the CNC would drop tool 1-10 back in the rack and then wait for a tool to be manually inserted. Would also be super handy for jobs using 3-4 tools at a vise or some other fixture and you could just have a small local rack and manually swap out tools rather than having to re-populate the 10 position rack, remeasure tool heights, and so on, then when that job is done wash rinse repeat to get back to your standard configuration (if all that makes sense).

I'm not sure who told you that, but since each tool can have a unique macro, I disagree strongly
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Campbell View Post
    I'm not sure who told you that, but since each tool can have a unique macro, I disagree strongly
    Well, sign me up for a "whatever per hour" consult..