Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Canada - how does it compare to other brands?

Blog Entries
    When I was table saw shopping I had a good hard look at the Craftex saws and was very underwhelmed. I've never actually seen a Grizzly saw to compare.
    Last edited by Frank Pratt; 02-07-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Frank I do not know what saw you ended up with. One of my ex-employees,now a good friend bought a 1023 Grizzly saw last year. I have a Delta Unisaw at my shop and that Grizzly is every bit as good. Real heavy trunnion and runs very smooth. I would not hesitate to buy one if i needed it. I agree on the Craftex saws they did not impress me much either.

Blog Entries
    I got a SawStop PCS. I've read good stuff about Grizzly. They have a good reputation.

Was in WoodWerks on the first day they had the 12" jointer/planer on the floor. Other than the price no one their could answer any questions about it. It supposedly has more cutter segments and a slower feed rate than others on the market, based on internet search. Also went to WoodCraft where no one offered to help me, instead they were interested in talking to each other. I had the wife with me in the pickup with the intention of bringing home a 12" planer/jointer or a 12" jointer as long as it had a helical head that is supposed to be quieter. Needless to say nothing came home with me. I did get off cheap as she only wanted to eat at Iaconas in UA for lunch.
    Will wait for the Wood Working show next month and see what they have.
    Ron