Thread: Delta 1.5 hp dust collector questions

Delta 1.5 hp dust collector questions

Hi

I bought a used Delta 50-850 1.5 hp dust collector. I have a few questions.

First one, I am looking at adding a pleated filter on top. some of these have a stirrer. How does it work?

Second who sells these filters? Do they sell them by size or model?

Finally I would like to add a small cyclone Dust Deputy or Veritas trash can lid.

On my unit you can't remove the two 4" ports and have a 6" port so I would have to connect one 4" port to the cyclone or veritas trash can lid. This ok?

You can buy the filters from Wynn Environmental. Go through the pages here to find out which filter fits your DC: https://wynnenv.com/single-stage-collector/

And I think you can remove that 4" splitter on that DC in order to get access to the 6" port. Unless yours is welded on or something. There might be a restrictor under it however that you would have to remove as well.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Carl, I have a similar delta 1 1/2 hp dust collector (pic below). I get my filters from Wynn. I dont believe they sell ones with flappers. I use compressed air in place to clean or I take the filter outside and use a leaf blower to clean. If you're going to get a dust deputy, it should be the larger version like the Super Dust Deputy. The smaller ones are meant for shop vacs. My DC had a similar port and I was able to remove it and attach a 5 in connector to the SDD.

IMG_0123.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson View Post
    Carl, I have a similar delta 1 1/2 hp dust collector (pic below). I get my filters from Wynn. I dont believe they sell ones with flappers. I use compressed air in place to clean or I take the filter outside and use a leaf blower to clean. If you're going to get a dust deputy, it should be the larger version like the Super Dust Deputy. The smaller ones are meant for shop vacs. My DC had a similar port and I was able to remove it and attach a 5 in connector to the SDD.

IMG_0123.jpg
    Thanks. The two 4" ports are screwed on- where can you get a 5" or 6" connector that fits?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Crout View Post
    Thanks. The two 4" ports are screwed on- where can you get a 5" or 6" connector that fits?
    I believe I used an HVAC adapter myself (I have a 50-760 like Mark), although it appears he used something like a Fernco adapter.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

I tried to find a 5in to 6in adapter but none fit. The SDD is some weird non standard size. I ended up using a rubber fernco 6 to 5 coupler and that worked perfectly. Note I use a 5in 10ft hose that connects to all my tools. I wanted something larger than 4in and thought 6in was too big for a 1 1/2 hp DC. This system works but its been optimized as far as I can take it. I'd love to get something bigger with a 3 or 5 hp motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Crout View Post
    Last edited by Mark Carlson; 02-04-2020 at 9:34 AM.