Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dresser not square - what about drawer faces?

With tall panels and no face frame, sometimes what appears out of square is actually a bowed panel; rather than out of square corner to corner. I didn’t look at the photos, so I don’t know what the cabinet looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schmid View Post
    With tall panels and no face frame, sometimes what appears out of square is actually a bowed panel; rather than out of square corner to corner. I didn’t look at the photos, so I don’t know what the cabinet looks like.
    I think you are correct Eric. 3 of the corners are outside of square and one is square. I think that maybe the top and bottom are bowed out that is my hunch. I guess it could have been the center vertical divider was a little longer. I guess I need to be more careful in the future. Luckily I was able to custom cut each drawer front and it looks pretty good.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

Michael, don't be too hard on yourself. Most of us have made things and errors arose. Learn from your mistakes, consider what may have caused them and find new procedures to prevent the same mistakes in the future.

As I have aged, I have begun keeping a log for my shop projects. If I make a mistake, I log in the entry about the associated project. I reread the log periodically to refresh my memory.

Good luck!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....