Thread: Stratus air cleaner

Stratus air cleaner

Putting together basement shop. I have a Jet Vortex dust collector and FEIN vac to take care of dust collection. I am interest in minimizing dust travel upstairs and was wondering if anyone is using the new Stratus dust collector.

Correction. Interested in Stratus Air Cleaner.

Interesting, those look nice. I’d be interested in seeing some real world reviews and testing.

$500 by the way, not cheap.

Also, it takes up valuable floor space.

I'm also interested to see what other people say. I'm seen it before, and it looks very nice, but you could buy a hanging air cleaner that cleans down to the same micron with more CFM for less money. A lot of airborne dust gets thrown up higher anyway, so I think a properly setup hanging filter would be more efficient.. I could be wrong though.

Harold, I've had my basement shop for 15 years ... and have never had any dust show-up upstairs. I do have continuous and part-time air-cleaning. The circulator has a 3 speed squirrel-cage and is set to continuously run on low. I cut a hole in the air-return plenum for a 12 x 24 filter and use a #7 rated filter in it ... that is the continuous air-cleaner. For when long-running any of the saws or drum sander: I have a 3 stage filter ... ceiling-mounted ... squirrel-cage that I'll run for the duration. For other short-runs: I have a 20" ceiling-mounted box fan with a #7 filter attached to the 'intake-side' ... it is mounted about mid-wise among'st the tools. Otherwise: I am rabid about collecting at-the-source. I have <$200 invested in all 3.