Thread: Interesting Menu

Blog Entries

Interesting Menu

What's for breakfast?

Breakfast Menu.jpg

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Seems like the baked beans are overpriced.

Must be where the Monty Python guys eat....
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Spam, eggs, sausage and spam. Hasn't got much spam in it.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Ok Jim, you have to tell us where you saw this.......
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    It must be from Hawaii as they eat a lot of spam there.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Or the vicinity, the more remote the better. It's considered a delicacy out there. Especially where there's a history of cannibalism. Supposedly it tastes like people! Your friend in a roll-top can.

There’s a place here in town that sells spam burritos.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post

When Grand daughter lived in Hawaii, she was amazed to go in Walmart, and see a whole wall of different flavored Spam. Plus at most meals, there was some form of Spam or pineapple.

Blog Entries
    I was told to never trust food that comes with its own ignition key.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Ok Jim, you have to tell us where you saw this.......
    On the internet.

If you Google > spam menu < for images you will see a lot of SPAM and a few images of menus with spam.

What do the letters SPAM represent?

From internet Q&A:

The letters have also been said to be an acronym for 'specially processed American meat'. There are however other suggestions that it stands for 'shoulders of pork and ham' or 'specially processed animal meat'.
    From Wikipedia:

Spam was introduced by Hormel on July 5, 1937. The Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America states that the product was intended to increase the sale of pork shoulder which was not a very popular cut. Ken Daigneau, brother of a company executive, won a $100 prize that year in a competition to name the new item. Hormel claims that the meaning of the name "is known by only a small circle of former Hormel Foods executives", but popular beliefs are that the name is an abbreviation of "spiced ham". The difficulty of delivering fresh meat to the front during World War II saw Spam become a ubiquitous part of the U.S. soldier's diet. It became variously referred to as "ham that didn't pass its physical", "meatloaf without basic training", and "Special Army Meat". Over 68,000 tonnes (150 million pounds) of Spam were purchased by the military before the war's end.
    My mother grew up as an Army brat. Maybe this explains our dinners of baked beans and SPAM.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Proudly served in fine jails everywhere .

Blog Entries
    Oh My Googling!

Found this old piece > http://www.nbcnews.com/id/19165747/n.../#.XjXe1y2ZOUk <

It is an oldie, but it appears this is still being done at McDs and BKs in Hawaii.

jtk