Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook email not working after newest win 10 upgrade

Blog Entries

Outlook email not working after newest win 10 upgrade

I have an (obviously) old Outlook 2003 version that has been working fine with Win 10 until the most recent update this week. Mail works fine on my phone and with the Xfinity website on my PC. Outlooks opens fine and everything works except for downloading mail, I can even send email. Any ideas? I googled the problem, but too many confusing answers. I use POP3 as my ingoing mail server. I could use a different mail program, but I have thousands of emails filed in an elaborate Outlook deleted items folder system. Junk mail gets permanently deleted. Any ideas?
    NOW you tell me...

Only suggestion I got, is to get into your server settings and make sure your outgoing port number didn't change, had that happen before when changing computers (outlook express)

smtp.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I would uninstall the update first to confirm that is, in fact, what caused your problem. It could be a coincidence, in which case, you might then look at Outlook's settings and compare them to the most recent information provided by your ISP. We lost email connectivity a while ago when our ISP decided to upgrade the security on their mail servers without warning subscribers.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Have you considered updating Outlook to the current version therefore not disturbing your current folder system?

Win 10 does some weird things.... all of a sudden I get a message that my "Microsoft Account has a problem (most likely the password has changed)" .... it hasn't!... I just X out of the message and ignore it. Searched online and lots of people get the same message and it has something to do with Win 10 shared services which from what I gather online is a useless feature anyway. I use Outlook 2007 and recently started getting a message that my Outlook settings are out of date. Again, searched it online and lots getting the same message... I X out of it and ignore it as well as Outlook is working fine. Win 10 also put an envelope icon on my taskbar all of a sudden and did the same on my Win 10 laptop for no reason. I've had this Win 10 desktop for about a year and when I first set it up I had it so that it just logged me in automatically. One morning after a Win 10 update when I turned it on it wanted a password to log in??? Didn't know it obviously as I never had to log in before....Went through the "forgot password" route for something called a Microsoft Account (didn't know I had one) and got it sorted out. A couple of months later (after another update) it wanted me to login again. I knew the password this time but the next time I turned it on it went back to automatic login!.. I've talked to some friends who have all had the same issues... I kind of think Win 10 won't be around long.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    I have an (obviously) old Outlook 2003 version that has been working fine with Win 10 until the most recent update this week. Mail works fine on my phone and with the Xfinity website on my PC. Outlooks opens fine and everything works except for downloading mail, I can even send email. Any ideas? I googled the problem, but too many confusing answers. I use POP3 as my ingoing mail server. I could use a different mail program, but I have thousands of emails filed in an elaborate Outlook deleted items folder system. Junk mail gets permanently deleted. Any ideas?
    Try Thunderbird email client. I use it and it is way better than outlook.

I used outlook express since it first came out. And win7 forced it out. I refuse to use cloud anything except my own domain server, so I tried Thunderbird, and a few others, and hated them. I've tried using my server's email program, hate that too. The one program I found that those familiar with using outlook express will like is one built by some guy, OE Classic. Free to try, I think I paid $29 for the full version. It does everything EXACTLY like outlook express, just has a different look.
    https://www.oeclassic.com/

Never used just 'Outlook', but I assume it's similar to OE...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

It would be nice if that link showed some screenshots of what the program looked like....

Have you attempted to use the repair option in your account settings?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    It would be nice if that link showed some screenshots of what the program looked like....
    https://www.oeclassic.com/download

note, you don't have to download -- but there's several screenshots at the bottom of the page-
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    https://www.oeclassic.com/download

note, you don't have to download -- but there's several screenshots at the bottom of the page-
    Thanks....these screenshots weren't listed in the first link of the post....

Blog Entries
    My main reason for wanting to keep the Outlook format was to keep my extensive deleted items folder. Just got to FL and settled down, now I might have some time to investigate the options. Now that my phone's calendar syncs with my wife's I no longer make extensive use of the calendar function. If were to go with OEclassic, would I be able to import my .pst data file and contacts?
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Have you attempted to use the repair option in your account settings?
    Looked under tools and not finding any repair options. Possibly not an option in this 17 YO version.
    NOW you tell me...

I would definitely check all the settings associated with the account - ports, authentication, encryption, etc, as compared with either a known working config, or what your mail provider says they need to be.

Blog Entries
    Downloaded (free) OE classic. Appears it will not import my .pst files which is critical. Apparently Outlook Express is different from Outlook.
    NOW you tell me...