Thread: Bob Shane

Bob Shane

The last of the original members of the Kingston Trio passed this week. Man I loved those guys when I was younger. I still listen to one of their albums I have had for almost 50 years.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Blog Entries
    One of my favorites is still their rendition of The Man Who Never Returned.

It is often included on CDs for use in my car.

The Boston Transit System's payment card is called a Charlie Card.

Charlie Card.png

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I really enjoyed the Kingston Trio and their music. Growing up in that era, musically it was an interesting transitional period from folk music to rock-a-billy to rock. I still enjoy listening to the early Simon and Garfunkel songs, Peter, Paul and Mary songs.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I really enjoyed the Kingston Trio and their music. Growing up in that era, musically it was an interesting transitional period from folk music to rock-a-billy to rock. I still enjoy listening to the early Simon and Garfunkel songs, Peter, Paul and Mary songs.
    I am with you Ken I still have the original albums of those you named plus many others, Not sure why but albums are the only thing I have from that time of my life.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    One of my favorites is still their rendition of The Man Who Never Returned.

It is often included on CDs for use in my car.

The Boston Transit System's payment card is called a Charlie Card.

Charlie Card.png

jtk
    "These are the times that try men's souls. In the course of our nation's history the citizens of Boston have rallied bravely whenever the rights of man have been threatened. Today a new crisis has arisen. The Metropolitan Transit Authority, better known as the MTA, is attempting to levy a burdensome tax on the population in the form of a subway fare increase. Citizens, hear me out, this could happen to you!". For some reason I have that memorized, having sung briefly in a folk band back in the 1960's.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 02-01-2020 at 8:54 AM.
    NOW you tell me...