Thread: Yahama surround sound receiver problem....

Yahama surround sound receiver problem....

Hello,
    My Yamaha receiver does not keep radio stations that I preset. I was told there is a small "coin" battery that needs changing. Does anyone have experience in doing this? Thx.

Blog Entries
    I have done it in other gear. If your housing comes off with a few screws, the battery should be easy to find. Should be identified in the manual. I assume this unit is 10 years or more old to have the battery go. Good on ya for a long run on your gear.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I have done it in other gear. If your housing comes off with a few screws, the battery should be easy to find. Should be identified in the manual. I assume this unit is 10 years or more old to have the battery go. Good on ya for a long run on your gear.
    Its probably 15 years old at least. and , yes, the cover comes off easily. thx.

Blog Entries
    Do a search for your particular model & you'll probably find specific instructions and/or video on how to do it, unless it's an obscure item.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    Its probably 15 years old at least. and , yes, the cover comes off easily. thx.
    I'm betting you are looking for something that looks about like this. Here is one installed.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler