Thread: irregularities

irregularities

Hey,

I can not figure out what is causing irregularities in finishing pass. Wrong post processor, bad machine alingment,...????Irregular.jpg

Mare
    Epilog MINI 18 35w
    Shenhui SH-G350D 100w
    DIY CNC router 40x60

What program are you using to generate the G-code? Does it look like this in simulation? I assume that entire piece should be level and smooth, correct?

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by David Falkner View Post
    What program are you using to generate the G-code? Does it look like this in simulation? I assume that entire piece should be level and smooth, correct?

David
    Yes piece is smooth level. Using Mach 2/3 ATC Archs post processor for generating g_code and using Planetcnc usb controler.

Mare
    Epilog MINI 18 35w
    Shenhui SH-G350D 100w
    DIY CNC router 40x60

Look at your code and see if the Z value changes. If not, it's something in your machine.
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600

Well, without knowing anything about your particular machine, I would start checking everything to make sure all the "mechanicals" are tight, snug, etc. My machine runs on bearings. A cracked bearing can cause weird stuff. Cycle the machine by hand and watch for "jumps" on each axis. Also, make sure all the settings for your motors are correct (steps and such). You could make a test piece and run a mill down x then down y and see if they are different (only moving one axis at a time). That's all I got at this point. Hope you can figure it out. I just installed Mach4 and my first test movement had Z backwards and the slave on the wrong axis so my gantry was trying to move sideways! Yeah, not pretty! All is well now.

I'd look at all the obvious. Is everything tight? Are you using dust collection? If so do you have the hose grounded? Static electricity can cause your machine to do strange things. I assume that the machine isn't new and you've run similar toolpaths before and got good results?

Homemade machine no info, unless I saw a picture of the machine and knew about the construction I would guess its the flex in the machine.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

What is the moisture content of that slab?

What bit are you using to level it? I assume that is what you are trying to do, yes?
    Grant
    Ottawa ON