Thread: Band Saw Blade's On Line Vendor

Band Saw Blade's On Line Vendor

Guys over the yrs I have purchase BS blades from Ittura Design cause they would help me select the right blade for cutting metal such as 16ga metal and stainless steel rods and mild steel rod and aluminum.So we settle for Lenox DieMaster blades cut to length and 10/14 tooth count. So I call him couple weeks ago told him what I purchase from him last time and wanted the same blades.Except this time I have a PM87 which takes a 12'5" blade so I told him I wanted it in 3/4 width. Well he told me he was out then suggested that I go with the 1/2 which is the same width as on my PM143 metal cutting BS so I went with that. Give my card #'s so all was good.Well that was two weeks ago,the bill has not hit the bank,so I figure maybe he was going out buz since his selection was not that good as it was couple yrs ago.So I am moving on was wondering if anyone has a good BS blade vendor that can order online? I did google and found what I think is good sites but was wanting to hear from members who have you purchase blades from for metal cutting?

Spectrum Supply
    Bandsawbladesdirect-dot-com

Hope these help,

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Woodcraftbands.com for Lenox.

Timberwolfblades.com

I mainly use Timber Wolf blades from Suffolk Machine. They are easy to order from online. I tried a Lenox Diemaster 2 blade for my 18" bandsaw after reading a lot of positive reviews of them on this site, but it broke at the weld last week as I was resawing some 6" wide cherry. I had only had it on the saw for about 2 months and I usually get 4 months before the other blades I use get dull. I have never had one break before.
    Zach

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    Woodcraftbands.com for Lenox.

Bingo, we have a winner. Call and talk to John, the owner.

Have you considered calling Louis and talking to him directly ? I just called him yesterday and he spent well over 45 minutes with me discussing a lenox blade issue I'm having on a blade I purchased elsewhere. . His time, no charge and I didn't purchase anything from him.

He's "A-1" as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Parker View Post
    Have you considered calling Louis and talking to him directly ? I just called him yesterday and he spent well over 45 minutes with me discussing a lenox blade issue I'm having on a blade I purchased elsewhere. . His time, no charge and I didn't purchase anything from him.

He's "A-1" as far as I'm concerned.
    Thanks guys for the suggestion,some good ideals.Yea Kent it was him I was talking to,it sounded like he did not have much of a selection to pick from nor did he offer to order material for the width I wanted. Maybe it was just a bad time,but will all the info I gave him he could have at least call.

Carroll,

In Sept. I purchased a Lenox Tri Master carbide tip blade from Bandsawbladesdirect.com. The blade had about four teeth that were not properly ground and they quickly sent out another after seeing the photos I sent them. I just tried the second blade yesterday and it cuts horribly. Comparing it to another Tri Master I have I found the grind of the gullets to differ. I contacted BSBD and again quickly they are sending a third to me. So.. service with them has been great.

Waiting for the "good" blade to arrive.....

Heck Kent I hate hearing that,they were going to be my second choice.I’m afraid I posted this question in wrong section.I am looking for Lenox blade for metal cutting not wood.I do use TimberWolf blades for wood but not metal.Louis would stock 10/14 tooth count which was good for sheet metal and solid stock.But I had ask if if that was still good blade for say 3/8 up to 1” thick metal.

Hastings Saws
    888-223-7016
    Ask for Dave Barley -- dave@hastingssaws.com

They make exceptionally smooth welds.

Good afternoon guys,well I wanted to take a moment to straighten out some information due to me not being patient enough.Yes,your right the blades came in from Ittura Design.I guess I should have waited little longer than two weeks,maybe due to the man being very busy who knows but I feel kinda bad so wanted to let everyone know that my blades did come in and all is good.But have more news I also order the same blades from Bandsawbladesdirect.com Well they haven't come in yet but I'm going to wait this one out HaHa