Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JT Turning tools response time

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Tom fulfilled your order just in time.....according to reports he passed away last evening due to a brain hemorage. RIP Tom!
    Oh, How sad.

Hi All, I know this is an old thread, but I just learned from a fellow woodturner that Tom Steyer at JT Turning Tools passed away. It was not virus related.
    "Only a rich man can afford cheap tools, as he needs to buy them again and again"

Just saw on WoW that Tom passed away from a brain bleed

It was posted on The Wows that Tom Steyer of JT Turning Tools passed away the other day from a brain bleed.I have his hub and adapter that I bought from him a couple of years ago it it is nicely machined.

I have a oneway vacuum adapter set up for either a powermatic 3520B or a jet 1640. The one problem with this adapter is that it is designed to stay on the lathe, not go on and off. This gets in the way of using a knockout bar to push out a Morse taper, but my solution is to have a large nut with the correct threads and a large washer that goes on the lathe before the drive center, and then just turn back nut to push the center out--works great, easier than a knock out bar. Anyway I have it up for sale for $65, I pay shipping to the lower 48 and it includes my nut arrangement. If anyone else is using this adapter I would be glad to send pictures of my nut arrangement which makes the entire thing much easier to use.