Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I learned a lesson from EBay... 100w fiber

I'm uploading a video as I type this, of my 30 watt "Ebay1" machine engraving some anodized alum parts I'm doing, they're particularly noisy AND fast engraving, the noise even drowns out my talking towards the end- I recorded this because you mentioned no noise and slow engraving...
    these are engraved 3 times using the 'fast hatch'--
    first 2 passes is a cross hatch ran using .06mm spacing, 1500 speed, 100 power, 30 khz,
    3rd 'cleanup' pass is .07 spacing, 2000 speed, 60 power and 70kz...
    And you'll notice an anomaly that I just noticed, the cleanup pass, which should be faster than the cross hatch passes, is noticeably slower. There's a reason for this; the START TC/STOP TC etc settings are wrong on the cleanup pass color. I didn't notice until I checked the settings for this post! I changed them after this video, and now the cleanup pass is noticeably FASTER, like it should be. Just something else to think about

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I'm uploading a video as I type this, of my 30 watt "Ebay1" machine engraving some anodized alum parts I'm doing, they're particularly noisy AND fast engraving, the noise even drowns out my talking towards the end- I recorded this because you mentioned no noise and slow engraving...
    these are engraved 3 times using the 'fast hatch'--
    first 2 passes is a cross hatch ran using .06mm spacing, 1500 speed, 100 power, 30 khz,
    3rd 'cleanup' pass is .07 spacing, 2000 speed, 60 power and 70kz...
    And you'll notice an anomaly that I just noticed, the cleanup pass, which should be faster than the cross hatch passes, is noticeably slower. There's a reason for this; the START TC/STOP TC etc settings are wrong on the cleanup pass color. I didn't notice until I checked the settings for this post! I changed them after this video, and now the cleanup pass is noticeably FASTER, like it should be. Just something else to think about

Is the video private on accident or do I need to do the “donation to see photos”?

Thanks!

Private on purpose, but I just changed it to unlisted-- here's a link, let me know if it doesn't work

https://youtu.be/B-eX4yx4MJo
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Private on purpose, but I just changed it to unlisted-- here's a link, let me know if it doesn't work

https://youtu.be/B-eX4yx4MJo
    Well, isn’t that just zipping right along!

Mine doesn’t sound as loud at all but it is pretty quick. It’s definitely a 20w or so unit I’m guessing.

Still waiting on what the bank has to say.

Well, I’m on stage two of the rounds of the dispute with the bank.

Now they are saying even with all the gleaming proof I’ve provided on how this is not what I had agreed on purchasing, they say it would be beneficial for me to get a letter from “an expert in the field” to attest in my claims. They go on to state that they should be a 3rd party with no benefit to my outcome.

I’m stumped at how even in the face of all the proof in the world, they need more...

Where does one even go for this?

Post your location and ask for help. I did a write-up like this for someone who bought an ebay laser that arrived with a glass tube CO2 laser that wasn't even putting out a quarter of the power claimed. I went up to his house with my power meter and we made videos showing the whole procedure for checking power. Then I did a little write-up on business stationary explaining the facts. If I remember right, he got to keep the whole laser system for free although he had to buy a new tube and power supply. He was still $1500 to $2000 ahead in the end (not counting the value of his time dealing with the hassle).
    Last edited by Doug Fisher; 03-13-2020 at 10:42 PM.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    Post your location and ask for help. I did a write-up like this for someone who bought an ebay laser that arrived with a glass tube CO2 laser that wasn't even putting out a quarter of the power claimed. I went up to his house with my power meter and we made videos showing the whole procedure for checking power. Then I did a little write-up on business stationary explaining the facts. If I remember right, he got to keep the whole laser system for free although he had to buy a new tube and power supply. He was still $1500 to $2000 ahead in the end (not counting the value of his time dealing with the hassle).
    I’m not sure if I should start a new thread for that but for now, I’ll just say it here.

I’m in Lumberton Texas.

keep it here, all part of the same lesson...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

keep it here, all part of the same lesson...
    I figured that’s what would be best.

I’m almost inclined to just buy the test equipment and do a video myself but idk if that would do any better than everything I’ve already provided.

You can rent power testers, or check locally for laser companies- they don't necessarily have to deal with laser ENGRAVERS, but you may find someone to come test yours for not too bad a price...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Assuming you got this all resolved? I am in Houston and could provide a semi-professional title for dispute. It has been long enough that I hope you are good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bond Sr. View Post
    Well, I’m on stage two of the rounds of the dispute with the bank.

Now they are saying even with all the gleaming proof I’ve provided on how this is not what I had agreed on purchasing, they say it would be beneficial for me to get a letter from “an expert in the field” to attest in my claims. They go on to state that they should be a 3rd party with no benefit to my outcome.

I’m stumped at how even in the face of all the proof in the world, they need more...

Where does one even go for this?
    I bought a Roland EGX-350 from Ebay and it was DOA. Paypal wanted a letter from a 3rd party expert. I called engraving shops near me and showed them a video of what machine would do on startup. One local shop wrote me a letter saying that the
    machine wasn't working properly etc.... I got a refund eventually. The seller was a total %$#hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Purvis View Post
    Assuming you got this all resolved? I am in Houston and could provide a semi-professional title for dispute. It has been long enough that I hope you are good though.
    I don’t know why I haven’t replied back until now, but man oh man where did the time go?

So the outcome....

Well, short and skinny, I got a refund from visa.

The long story.

I had to submit to my bank a dispute of the transaction. I had to do a statement that I tried resolving the issue with the seller and eBay. Ebays policy is that the seller HAS to accept the return if its fake, but the caveat is the customer is responsible for return shipping.
    eBay has a program to help with return costs but only to a max of $35.
    The return cost was quoted to me about half the cost of the unit.

So I submitted my email communications, ebays policies, my own photos and measurements of the unit vs documented measurements from Raycus. I sent all photos of the scratched off tag along with samples of what it should look like. I pointed out that this unit is physically smaller than a 100watt unit and that although eBay will force the owner to take the unit back, I would only get back a percentage of the purchase.

So the bank took all that information and started the dispute procedure.

Apparently there is 3 levels to this procedure. Each one taking about 30-45 days to complete.

The first is basically the bank asks (through the cc processing agency, through visa) the seller for the money back. The seller has 45 days to respond.
    Basically the bank says “our person wants their money back please”
    The seller of course waited till day 44 and said no.

So the next stage is the bank goes to the CC processing agency and tells them that there is a chargeback dispute and now the CC agency looks at the documentation provided and they contact the seller for an explanation. Again they have like 30 days to respond and the CC processing agency makes a determination on wether the dispute is valid.

If they side with the seller, it then goes directly to visa for them to settle. The same investigation happens and they will make a final determination.

Luckily the CC processing agency sided with me because, well, it’s all true, they did not send me what I paid for.
    So the charge was reversed and I got every penny back.
    The bank said it was a pretty open and shut case since I had a plethora of evidence that my unit was not what they said it was.
    Also visa terminated business with the seller (blacklisted) and eBay I believe did the same.

Yeah I’m sure they’ll just do business under a different name, but it does take time and energy to set all your stuff up again. So I’d like to think that annoyed em a little.

So for anyone that has fallen into the eBay trap like I did.
    Document everything! Emails, chats, photos, power specs. Everything!
    Talk with your bank and file a dispute ASAP.

It may take a while, but you might get your money back!

What a goat rope!
    Last edited by Ryan Bond Sr.; 11-12-2020 at 2:04 PM. Reason: Misspelled words

Glad you got refunded. What did you do with the machine?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Glad you got refunded. What did you do with the machine?
    Well, it still does the job I want so I’m keeping it for the time being. The bank said it was a done deal and I’m free to do what I wanted with it.