It started out as going with a friend to buy some plywood. It ended up with me buying a 5hp sliding saw and dust collector. The saw came with outfeed table with custom cabinets, lots of blades, a 1” and 5/8” arbor, slider, dust collector wired to switch, and the usual miter gauges and things. He also threw in a spare 5hp motor, which we are toying with ideas for. Cost was $1400. We decided to keep the Unisaw as a dedicated dado saw, and back it up to the outfeed for this saw. I love the setup, although it is up against a wall on one side, but we have plenty of room for the dado side, and we can always add a dado to the Woodtek if we need more room for a large piece.

My partner in crime does a lot of slabs, so he needs this more than I do. We split the cost. I have 7 sets of mahogany doors to build, plus doors and shutters for my own home. The 12” is really nice for the rough sawn 8/4 plus mahogany I frequently rip.

Here she is set up, sans dust collector, and missing some of the cabinetry below. I had to tweak everything first. It badly needs a new blade, which I hope to pick up tomorrow.

60DBD5B3-B0F0-4597-995D-F9BEB2CE1021.jpg The orange triangle was made by previous owner and is just to keep people from tripping over the support when the table is folded in.
BF1A9D3A-5AB8-403B-8A81-F9D319011272.jpg Cutting a panel of mahogany.

The Unisaw runs the other way, sharing outfeed. Although width is limited, it would be rare that we need more.
C3202B12-9BEE-46E4-94A8-B323BFC82B34.jpg

The new shop is coming along nicely. More to come.