Thread: Unibond 800 bleed through

Unibond 800 bleed through

I believe I am dealing with bleed through with Unibond 800. I used commercial thin veneer, figured cherry, applied glue to veneer & substrate ( since learned not to apply to back of veneer, did not use a bleed through blocker and perhaps was a bit too liberal in application ). Here are pics, and when I sanded, the areas remained464518E8-85CF-4BC6-9DD0-382ADB33BEF3.jpg
    After sanding and wet with alcohol65B65438-3EFB-4AFE-A651-4081F936F08C.jpgI think I will use hot hide glue & hammer veneer over it with another thin veneer. Thoughts?

I have had no issues so far using Pat Edwards Old Brown glue on raw veneer.
    Epilog Mini 24-45W, Corel Draw X6, Photoshop CS5, Multi Cam CNC

How thin is the veneer? I did a ton of Sapele with Unibond 800 and had bleed through worse than that. I used an orbital with 220 and it cleaned right up. My veneer was from Certainly Wood, pretty thick, maybe 1/42" thick. I would try sanding before just re-veneering. Worst case you sand through and have to veneer over the top.

John, it is from Certainly Wood, & I believe it is about 1/32 or less. I agree with your approach - I will sand it until it disappears or I cut thru. If I cut thru veneer I will hammer veneer over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert L Stewart View Post
    I have had no issues so far using Pat Edwards Old Brown glue on raw veneer.
    Good info Robert. Thank you.