Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering Festool CT SYS. Opinions needed

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I know the Festool is HEPA rated while the Fein is not. As far as the rated cfm, I do not think it matters as you are unlikely to get that flow thru a small hose.
    I just now noticed that the Fein Turbo 1 was not hepa rated like their Turbo 2. I don’t think that matters a whole lot to me but it would be a nice feature. With that being said, would the Turbo 1 really be that much of an upgrade over a box store Ridged shop vac with more rated HP and larger capacity? Another point for the Festool CT-15.

Can anyone recommend a good 16ft hose and port set that would fit the Festool RO125 well? I also have an use a Porter Cable 382 quite often so it would be nice to find something that would better fit both even if I had to buy two different ports.

The fein will be quieter than the box store vac if that means much to you.

the CT15 is slated to ship around April 1st.

of note neither the fein or CT15 have anti static hoses.

I just now noticed that the Fein Turbo 1 was not hepa rated like their Turbo 2. I don’t think that matters a whole lot to me but it would be a nice feature.
    Sure it's nice, but you're going to pay for that feature with any make of vacuum, whether shopvac, fein, or festool. The HEPA replacement filter for fein is $50 more than the regular one. If you need it (are doing work where it's required) then a certified vac is necessary.

With that being said, would the Turbo 1 really be that much of an upgrade over a box store Ridged shop vac with more rated HP and larger capacity?
    That depends on you perspective. For a sanding station in a shop- absolutely. The fein hose is longer and will fit your sander (something you asked about) as well as not be cumbersome like a 2+ dia. hose on a shopvac. It's quieter by a looooong way. Then there's the integrated tool triggered power port.

- but -

if you're a grunt cleaning up a jobsite......................then the shopvac is better. The larger hose is better for dealing with large and copious amounts of debris, you don't have to worry about damaging a $300+ vacuum and bags and filters are available lowes / home depot which have 6000+ locations between them. My metro area has 6m people or more and I think there are two places I can get a fein filter and bags. YMMV. Of course I can order them and have in two days from amazon; but sometimes you need it now. Today.

Can anyone recommend a good 16ft hose and port set that would fit the Festool RO125 well
    Think some of this has been covered in an earlier posts (# 3 & 5 ) and not all are 16ft. long:

1. Festool's own hose - it's really nice.
    2. Bosch vac005 hose
    3. Cen-Tec's hose & adapter set.
    4. Fein's hose available as spare parts.
    5. Rockler's dust-rite collection has a pair of hoses and adapters that many like.
    6. DeWalt has a new AS hose and adapter set. - Haven't actually seen one in the wild though.
    7. FLEX 406708 - needs separate adapters to hook up to your tools.
    Last edited by Dave Sabo; 02-03-2020 at 9:55 PM.