Thread: Need help with wife's wall decor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Need help with wife's wall decor

This is not my idea.
    Just want you to know that I'm simply trying to arrange her idea so that it has the most pleasing aesthetics as earthly possible.
    In the photos you can see at both ends there is space just far enough from the last board that the next upright should begin, but the space is too narrow to fit the entire board.
    I determined a consistent distance between them to line up with thick, sort of quilted wallpaper with a rough surface she want to maintain, but the paper was there when we bought the place. It is very thick and whoever put it up overlapped the seams and they are clearly visible. So this arrangement is an attempt to cover as many seams as I can. That will be difficult, at best, above the door. She'll just have to live with a couple of short sections of uncovered seam.
    She liked the texture so over the past 30 years, let's just say the square feet of living space in our home is considerably less. She is always painting.

Here's an idea I came up with and I'am reaching out to those with "an eye" for asthetics, even for the quirky.
    Suppose I was to continued the length of wood I just ripped onto the adjacent wall?
    When you look just above the door, they (for whatever reason) "split the difference and narrowed both end pieces instead of using a full sheet, so that means the 21" spacing will wrap around the corner leaving perhaps more than the width of of a board.
    I hope you can get what I'm trying to explain.
    If the idea stinks, tell me it stinks.
    But I must live on to complete it.
    Attached Images Attached Images