Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any skiiers out there? How do you maintain your edges?

That the place in Montana with a single ancient ski lift? Looks intriguing. I'm hoping to get on a similarly mom and pop operation this season > http://www.mtwaterman.org

Blog Entries
    yeah, that place is up there. I was more thinking touring around.. we did it last year and it was a ton of fun. Skins, touring bindings, etc.

We saw the ski resort, but didn't go. It was closed by then. I think we skied the area in early July.

yea, we got one backcountry setup last year for 75 bucks at a thrift store. watching for another!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew whicker View Post
    yeah, that place is up there. I was more thinking touring around.. we did it last year and it was a ton of fun. Skins, touring bindings, etc.

We saw the ski resort, but didn't go. It was closed by then. I think we skied the area in early July.
    Check out Highway 395 in the Eastern Sierras sometime in the spring. Endless opportunities around Lee Vining, Bishop, Bridgeport. Mammoth right at the center of it all as well.

Great guide to DIY tuning from Slidewright > http://www.slidewright.com/resources...g_overview.pdf

19 responses and no one has suggested a Shapton product or a JNAT. Perhaps there is hope for us after all.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Thank you for all the responses. I downloaded Peter's pdf link; that was great.

Thanks for all the recommendations - as well as the reco's NOT to do it. At least I'm going in with eyes wide open. I can put a reasonable edge on a plane blade and a chisel. I am sure this can't be that much harder. At the very least, attempting to do it will help me appreciate the effort.

I'm not regrinding - just tuning up.