Thread: Music Video by Aaron Koehl our Server Admin

Music Video by Aaron Koehl our Server Admin

This link is to Aaron Koehl's new music video. Aaron is our Server Administrator here, check out his version of Hallelujah on his piano.
    Last edited by Aaron Koehl; 01-30-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Very nice.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Such a beautiful composition, beautifully played.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It's really good ! Keith , thanks for posting.

Very nicely done Aaron.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    This link is to Aaron Koehl's new music video. Aaron is our Server Administrator here, check out his version of Hallelujah on his piano.
    Thank you, thank your for posting. As a piano player and music lover that sure made my day! I could almost hear Leonard singing along in my mind!

I assume that is Aaaron's composition? Does he improvise a lot?

Excellent from the quiet beginning to the incredibly beautiful ending, seamless timing with wonderful dynamic contrasts throughout - it got my pulse rate up and left me emotionally filled! And it's technically excellent with clean arpeggios. I'll share that with some other pianists I know.

But hmm, my Baldwin didn't come with fireworks like that...

JKJ

Blog Entries
    Very nicely done
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Very Nice! Obviously Aaron has multiple talents! Aside from the beautiful music, I loved the silver bars, which to me anyway, are reminiscent of the holes in a player piano roll, corresponding to the notes and their intensity. It must have taken quite some work to have those generated and synced to his playing.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Cool! How is the new site software coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Thank you, thank your for posting. As a piano player and music lover that sure made my day! I could almost hear Leonard singing along in my mind!

I assume that is Aaaron's composition? Does he improvise a lot?

Excellent from the quiet beginning to the incredibly beautiful ending, seamless timing with wonderful dynamic contrasts throughout - it got my pulse rate up and left me emotionally filled! And it's technically excellent with clean arpeggios. I'll share that with some other pianists I know.

But hmm, my Baldwin didn't come with fireworks like that...

JKJ

For fireworks, you'll need a Steinway D! Thanks for the wonderful comments. Here's a new one I uploaded today:

_Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    For fireworks, you'll need a Steinway D! Thanks for the wonderful comments. Here's a new one I uploaded today:
    Another exceptional audio treat! Thank you.

I'm "stuck" with a 7' Baldwin, an SF10 I bought new in 1980. These days I mostly stick with hymn improv with the time I have.

BTW, I really like how Celine and Andrea combine the languages in their recording. We travel to Italy quite a bit, again in a few months. I would LOVE to catch his summer concert in Tuscany. Maybe someday...

JKJ

Both are simply beautiful.
    Thank you.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Baldwins have a rich history in the US.. I bet it's a beautiful piano. Interestingly enough, hymn improv is among my favorite--I'd love to hear it if you post sometime.

For the rockers, here's something a little "harder hitting" which I put together while recovering from a cold the past 5 days. (yuck!)

_Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Baldwins have a rich history in the US.. I bet it's a beautiful piano. Interestingly enough, hymn improv is among my favorite--I'd love to hear it if you post sometime.
    The piano is indeed beautiful. My playing is only beautiful in my mind or to an undiscriminating person. If anyone is listening I say "oops" a lot.
    This is one of the Baldwins where the works are made in Germany.

At the time I bought the piano Billy Joel had just been to Knoxville for a fantastic concert - I bought the bench he had sat on for a "song". The local piano store had rented it to him along with a piano. Years later I had the bench recovered and my friend reminded me and wanted a piece of the original naugahyde!

I don't have a recent picture but the piano (and bench!) is in the background behind my son, 20+ years ago. Also back there is a bunch of midi gear - do you need a Kurzweil Midiboard (with individual aftertouch!) or a Yamaha KX88, a stack of Kurzweil synths, midi switcher, reverb, mixer, etc? All that is stored away now - when I have time to plink I want the real thing!

cello_piano_room.jpg

I'm hot in the middle of preparing a Sunday lesson for 50 kids but I'll put your latest offering on my play list. BTW, I found an old videos or two on youtube associated with your name. Lively!.

JKJ