Thread: Laser Water Cooler

Laser Water Cooler

I was disassembling an old air line cooler/dryer and I thought maybe I'd like to repurpose this part of it as a water cooler for my Chinese laser. It originally had R134A running through it, but obviously that was evacuated already.

I know it would not be as good as an actual refrigerated cooler, but it's got to be better than the igloo cooler filled with water that I've been using. Plus I don't use that particular laser very often, and when I do, it doesn't run for all that long.

Anyone know of any particular reason not to do this? I'm far from an HVAC expert.

Thanks,
    B
    Attached Images Attached Images
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

Your going to need to flush the oil out of it and it will only cool the water down to within a couple degrees of room temp and it thats good enough, go for it.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Your going to need to flush the oil out of it and it will only cool the water down to within a couple degrees of room temp and it thats good enough, go for it.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking, and I'm happy with that given how little this machine gets used. Thanks, Bill.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special